Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY buttons at Abstract Ocean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else been looking at these: S3XY Buttons? Dirty Tesla gave them a mention. Not cheap but they look very cool. It's a kit that comes with 2, 4, or 6 stick-on programmable buttons. You also get an app that has a dashboard feature (speedometer and lots of really cool info). Seems like a great use of an old phone or tablet.

Currently you can program the buttons to:

Open glovebox
Set drive mode acceleration
Change regen mode
Control media
Open/close/unlock charge port
Open trunk
Fold mirrors
Open frunk
Control hazard lights
Engage parking brake
Turn interior lights on/off
Enable track mode

They say more functions are on the way.

I got mine yesterday. Still waiting on my car, though. What would you guys want to have buttons for? I’m thinking trunk and interior lights (put that one in the back seats for the kiddos).
I ended up doing this:

One on the drivers side of the dash for folding the mirrors

And on the back side of the tablet - frunk, interior lights and glove box.

I’ve had my MY for a week. I already can’t imagine not having these buttons in the car. I know they are somewhat unsightly but putting them where I did - behind the tablet and one in the far corner of the dash - minimizes that issue. Just little things like opening the glovebox and turning on/off interior lights are dead simple. No looking needed.

If you can stomach the cost ($200 for 4), get them.

I am wondering Is there any chance that it might cause electrical issues for the vehicle or some problems with these buttons and would it void the warranty if I some parts of my car fail because of this product?

I am wondering Is there any chance that it might cause electrical issues for the vehicle or some problems with these buttons and would it void the warranty if I some parts of my car fail because of this product?
I have no such concerns. It’s just a dongle that plugs into the car. There’s no electricity added to the system. It draws a small current from the car itself and the buttons themselves are not directly to the car’s system. Besides, it’s completely reversible and undetectable.

I wouldn’t worry about it at all.

Several weeks after having them, I have no regrets and really appreciate them. They are totally worth the cost.

I bought them and plan to install my S3XY buttons this weekend. Wipers on the back of my steering wheel, glove box on the back of tablet for my wife to use, button in back for the kids to turn on overhead lights and one in back to turn on seat heaters. Keeps me from having to do these things.
Rear seat heaters. That’s a good idea. I don’t remember seeing that as an option. You know that pressing the button on the end of the left stalk activates the wipers, right?

Interested. I want these features:

HVAC controls:

1. Not entire HVAC fan, but the cold AC on off toggle. We are in an electric car… AC use bites into my battery on long trips harshly, so I like to turn it on and off every 10 minutes or so.

2. HVAC fan speeds in manual mode… instead of 10 speeds to choose from I want to toggle between just 4 speeds: really low, low, medium, high. Or having one button for fan up and another for fan down would be nice.

3. Front defrost. When I need it, I need it instantly due to humidity fogging up the glass. A safety thing.

4. Rear AC/fan/heat controls for back seat kids.

5. Windshield wipers toggle between max and off. Sometimes even in hard rain they are on slow. Other times after you squirt water to clean, they wipe for an extra 30 seconds when you want them off.

Other:

1. Speaker on/off for rear of car. The Kids don’t like my slightly loud music. Using the audio fade/balance controls is not convenient.

2. Music, switch between streaming, spotify, etc. Less of an issue with Dec 2021 update but, I’d still like some better controls, like switching to Spotify and auto playing my most recent playlist with one click instead of having to always pick a playlist. Toggling between playlists would be great also.

3. I like the regen braking options a lot. When they get the gradual braking to car in front I might buy these just for that. Currently I find myself engaging AP in the last part of my stop to attempt a smoother ride. But then turn it off to accelerate and turn at intersections, then re engage AP. But all the chiming sounds are too annoying to keep it up for long, it is as bad as a rough ride for passengers.

4. Show map/minimize all. In this new update, it takes more than a double tap on the music icon to minimize multiple windows now. Energy, phone, and music can get in the way of the map.

Not worried myself, and I never want to void a warranty. Seems like it would use way less power than an ipad plugged in. And from the video, Tesla can’t see it physically if you uninstall it.