Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY buttons at Abstract Ocean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did the latest firmware update, and I have to say I LOVE the AP button. I am using the option that will simulate speed up / down to show you are paying attention (that option is not needed for me) but this option is great for lane changes. I signal with the left stalk, and after I am half way into the new lane I hit the sexy button and it cancels the turn signal and re-activates the AP...

Is it hard to shut off the turn signal with the left stalk and double tap the right stalk? Nope. Is it EASIER to hit the sexy button? Yup!

Keith

I did the latest firmware update, and I have to say I LOVE the AP button. I am using the option that will simulate speed up / down to show you are paying attention (that option is not needed for me) but this option is great for lane changes. I signal with the left stalk, and after I am half way into the new lane I hit the sexy button and it cancels the turn signal and re-activates the AP...

Is it hard to shut off the turn signal with the left stalk and double tap the right stalk? Nope. Is it EASIER to hit the sexy button? Yup!

Keith
Agree. It's great. I was tempted to pay the £3.4k for EAP, just for the auto lane change on long motorway journeys, but no need now.

A steal at £200 just for that feature alone, never mind the instant folding mirrors, rear heated seats, and glove box buttons. Used the folding mirror button in a very tight time pressured passing situation, which would have been made even more stressful having to dive into the screen menus to fold them.

Reactions: dimitar.ns
Agree. It's great. I was tempted to pay the £3.4k for EAP, just for the auto lane change on long motorway journeys, but no need now.

A steal at £200 just for that feature alone, never mind the instant folding mirrors, rear heated seats, and glove box buttons. Used the folding mirror button in a very tight time pressured passing situation, which would have been made even more stressful having to dive into the screen menus to fold them.

I may set up a fold mirrors button for going through drive through lanes where you need to get close to the window but they have bollards in the way to keep you from hitting the window... why make the drive through window protrude if you are just going to block the dang thing off? Anyway, I currently have the AP button, glove box button, mirror tilt on revers button, and I will have the mirror fold button. I was going to set up a couple seat heater buttons, but Tesla decided to give those back to us on the main screen, so no need.

Keith

Hey All. @dimitar.ns has had his account locked for commercial activity, although he reached out to @danny a couple of weeks ago to try to get set up as a vendor. It looks like Danny hasn't been online in a while, @doug is this something you can help with, or one of the other mods? We're trying to keep this thread as a technical and feature discussion, no sales pitches here :)

Passing parked cars in a narrow alley? (It's hard to figure why one would fold the side mirrors on the highway.)
Parked cars on a narrow road, with another car having come through when they shouldn't have. No opportunities (for me) to backup, so folding the mirrors was a necessity.

Hardly ever fold the mirrors, as they are set to fold/unfold on geolocation. I would have struggled to even remember where the menu option was so the button was great in that scenario.

Hi guys, sorry for the delay!
Now my account is back up and running so here are some answers to the questions above.

Generic question. Does operating things like the heated seats change the display "bacon strips" if you pull up climate control? I like to keep the buttons in out of site areas so I can't see the button flashing to let me know what heat level the seats are set on...
Unfortunately we cannot control the state shown on the Main screen for some features. Hopefully with future Tesla updates we will find a way to do it. Our idea is to have at least the sate in our Dashboard for all overwrite functionalities. We recently added Wipers and Fan Speed, others will follow soon.

but I still need a way to make the car 50/50 front motor/rear motor, or ideally have lets say 25% increments for both and toggle between it
Front/Back motor ratio could be controlled only with TrackMode on. I believe there is no other way to do it or to trick the motor control module from the Commander.

Also, in the service menu you can disable battery heater on demand. If I can have that put on a button, this will also help me with the charging on 50kW DC chargers. As I always have to go to service menu to disable this stupid heater.
We will look into that. We have planned also a button for battery pre-heating in case of charging on non-Tesla superchargers which will be useful in EU.

Any chance of a reset button on the commander unit? I have to unplug mine and plug it back in most of the time when I get in the car in order to make it work... I would love to just be able to reach back and press a button on the unit to reset it.
Reset button is not needed. There was a bug in 2.5.2 which we fixed with 2.6.0+. Please, update to the latest and if the issue continues it might be related to a very rare hardware issue which needs a Commander replacement. Just reach [email protected] and we will replace yours right away ;)

This doesn't seem to work in Germany. As far as I see the button when pressed just "reconfirms" the set speed (it doesn't go up or down, maybe software bug?), but that doesn't change the nag. I think also moving the speed up and down doesn't clear the nag either, but have to test it.
Moving the speed Up/Down removes the Nag only in the USA. Tesla disable this feature for EU because of the regulations. Our button does nothing more than just emulating the scroll wheel button up/down because of this we have in the disclamer of the feature that you have to place the button on the steering wheel in order to be compliment with US regulations (only a button on the Steering wheel could dismiss the nag). Most probably we will disable or rename this feature for EU in order to avoid misunderstanding and wrong expectations.

@dimitar.ns Are you here, any news on the long press, automated AP activation after lange change, snow mode and disabling battery heater with a button?
For Long press and double-press we need app redesign in order to make the UX nice. They should come somewhere in the summer.
We are one step forward with the AP Activation after lane change by releasing the AP feature last week. However in order to make this feature reliable and safe we need to find more ways of synchronization the AP state between our Commander and the car. The problem is that our connection point doesn't have access to all the data but in the beginning we decided to live with this restriction but have the easier installation (otherwise you should connect to the MCU which is a bit trickier).

Here are the features we are working on for v2.7.0 that should come in 2 week:
- optimize communication and don't skip important messages like Add/Remove button
- improve Turn signals logic
- Child Lock (which is actually Child Unlock feature for 10 seconds on both, left or right rear doors)
- Thank you! (turn hazard lights for 3 seconds with 1 press)
- Headlights On
- Back window defroster
- some improvements in the App UI
- option in Dashboard to turn off phone screen when Tesla main screen is off etc. (if you mount a phone permanently to the car)
- Notifications in the app for new versions and important information

@dimitar.ns thank you for the continued development of the functions and interface. As silly as it may sound, we are most looking forward to the "Thank You" function so are happy this made the list for the next round of updates. We find these very handy and have already purchased a 6-button set for our upcoming Model Y.

• Love
Front/Back motor ratio could be controlled only with TrackMode on.
Hi @dimitar.ns , thank you for taking the time to reply.

Actually, there is a "smart-snow mode" that Tesla introduced into the Model 3 Model Y firmware not long ago that forces the car to go into 50/50 mode. You can see with ScanMyTesla that immediately 50/50 front and rear get activated. But it is rather dumb than smart.

It timeouts after a few minutes and is hard to get it to kick back in. And is also hard to activate - you have to basically skid and force rear wheel breakout. Bjorn explains this here around the 10 minute mark

Maybe your team can try and force the car activate this snow mode in the winter or on some test track with rain/snow. Then you can sniff the communication and see what triggers that and maybe replicate it via a button?

Also, please have an option or make the dashboard not obscure the notification bar as I need to see if the phone is charging as it sometimes looses the connection with the cable.

Hi @dimitar.ns , thank you for taking the time to reply.

Actually, there is a "smart-snow mode" that Tesla introduced into the Model 3 Model Y firmware not long ago that forces the car to go into 50/50 mode. You can see with ScanMyTesla that immediately 50/50 front and rear get activated. But it is rather dumb than smart.

It timeouts after a few minutes and is hard to get it to kick back in. And is also hard to activate - you have to basically skid and force rear wheel breakout. Bjorn explains this here around the 10 minute mark

Maybe your team can try and force the car activate this snow mode in the winter or on some test track with rain/snow. Then you can sniff the communication and see what triggers that and maybe replicate it via a button?

Also, please have an option or make the dashboard not obscure the notification bar as I need to see if the phone is charging as it sometimes looses the connection with the cable.
Second the snow mode. You need it before you lose traction.

Reactions: Bikeman
Hi
I’m having a problem getting the hot buttons or actions to work.
1) pull front door handle to open Frunk
2) pull rear door handle to open charge port
I’m pulling the handle holding it for over 4 seconds. Idk. The regular buttons are working.
Thanks

Hi
I’m having a problem getting the hot buttons or actions to work.
1) pull front door handle to open Frunk
2) pull rear door handle to open charge port
I’m pulling the handle holding it for over 4 seconds. Idk. The regular buttons are working.
Thanks
Hi Jones, to get the best assistance, please, send such requests to [email protected] with more information like your car model and year, Commander name (ENH_....), phone and app versions. The problem might be in incorrect settings, unsupported car SW or many others and the guys at support could sort this out the best!

Reactions: KennethS
Hi Jones, to get the best assistance, please, send such requests to [email protected] with more information like your car model and year, Commander name (ENH_....), phone and app versions. The problem might be in incorrect settings, unsupported car SW or many others and the guys at support could sort this out the best!
Thanks. I sent an email. But I will send another with that info. I was thinking I was doing something wrong. Thanks

I reached out to Enhance Auto. They helped me out. They told me to make sure I had enabled V3 in the settings. That fixed my issue. With the door handle pull not opening charge port or frunk.
1653768294905.png

I have another newbie question. Do you remove the Enhance commander when you have a service appointment with Tesla? I will be bringing my MYP to Tesla so the can look at my rear door. The hatch. It may be within spec. But I wanted Tesla to look at it. It is about 1/8 in lower on the right side by the taillight.

Should I remove the Enhance Commander? When it’s a cosmetic or body Tesla service appointment?

Thanks. I just got the Y a week ago.