Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY buttons at Abstract Ocean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMG, degradation 😳🤤!
AWESOME!
We have a small disclaimer, because this is just the calculated value based on the data from the car.
A38FE108-724B-4211-B604-21B5B35E923E.jpeg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220603-043052.jpg
    Screenshot_20220603-043052.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_20220604-102728.jpg
    Screenshot_20220604-102728.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_20220602-042329.jpg
    Screenshot_20220602-042329.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20220601-161842.jpg
    Screenshot_20220601-161842.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 82
For Android you have to apply for Beta version from the PlayStore of SMT but as far as I know the display doesn't have the store. Maybe @amund7 could provide an APK of the Beta that you could use directly
I will !
Edit: I didn't find nothing about SMT in PlayStore... any hint?

Attachments

• 20220605_162650.jpg
    20220605_162650.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 20220605_162640.jpg
    20220605_162640.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Love
Reactions: KennethS
OK, confused here.

It looks like people are asking about displaying S3XY commander on Hansshow display... but it also looks like it is already being done. If so, do I just need to download the S3XY commander app to my display?

Thanks,

Keith
Yes, you have to install the app but will not pair with the S3XY obd dongle. Hansshow display cannot see the dongle. The only way is to have WiFi connection support like for Scan my Tesla.
Will be awesome 🤤
From my photos: is demo mode.

The interface between the S3XY Buttons app and the Commander is a proprietary encoded custom interface, designed to work only through a secured BLE channel for now. This is needed in order to prevent unauthorized changes to the Commander or button functions. ScanMyTesla, CanServer and Panda are using a generic interface for message transmission which is in one direction only - reading data from the car, so it's done only with the security of the WiFi connection. We will see what we can do for your use case but it might not come short-term ;)

• Love
Reactions: speedyranger74
The interface between the S3XY Buttons app and the Commander is a proprietary encoded custom interface, designed to work only through a secured BLE channel for now. This is needed in order to prevent unauthorized changes to the Commander or button functions. ScanMyTesla, CanServer and Panda are using a generic interface for message transmission which is in one direction only - reading data from the car, so it's done only with the security of the WiFi connection. We will see what we can do for your use case but it might not come short-term ;)
Thank you!
Maybe more "easy" by wifi to be allowed only the dashboard... everything else by Bluetooth.
I'll wait patiently 😌

Okay, for all y'all who are mounting button(s) on the backside of your steering wheel, are you doing anything special to prep the location before placing the button?

I ask because the one time I tried doing this, the button fell off within five minutes. I have a 2022 M3LR built in February, and I placed a button on the backside of the lower spoke/strut.... smashed it down pretty good to ensure full contact... then left it alone. Came back to the garage a few minutes later and it had fallen off. Garage is attached to the house and it was a comfy 65-75 degrees at the time so I am not expecting anything temperature-related happened here

Okay, for all y'all who are mounting button(s) on the backside of your steering wheel, are you doing anything special to prep the location before placing the button?

I ask because the one time I tried doing this, the button fell off within five minutes. I have a 2022 M3LR built in February, and I placed a button on the backside of the lower spoke/strut.... smashed it down pretty good to ensure full contact... then left it alone. Came back to the garage a few minutes later and it had fallen off. Garage is attached to the house and it was a comfy 65-75 degrees at the time so I am not expecting anything temperature-related happened here
I’ve had mine fall off the back of the steering wheel spoke when I first installed them. I just cleaned both the spoke and the button real good with alcohol wipes and pressed hard to stick them back on. Then I tend to press them down hard (by the rim of the buttons) every time I get in the car for a while. So far they haven’t fell off again (maybe couple months?). I do kind of expect them to fall off when it gets hot in the summer, but I guess we’ll see.

I did the cleaning prep bit as well, just wondering if the steering wheel itself is made of some material that is unable to be adhered to securely? The location is certainly flat enough to maximize the area of contact, and the other buttons have no issues sticking to the metal backside of the display nor the plastic-y material of the dashboard.

I'm not beyond considering putting some other material back there that I know will adhere to the wheel (like perhaps a 1.5" square piece of duct tape) that will change the surface that the button is trying to grab on, while still being out of sight and not look too "ghetto". Or maybe I should do the opposite and rough the spot up with some sandpaper to make the surface a little more "dynamic" (bad choice of words, just the first thing I can come up with here) to provide a rougher surface for the button to grab on to.

I just want the darned thing to stay put. :)

Last edited:
I did the cleaning prep bit as well, just wondering if the steering wheel itself is made of some material that is unable to be adhered to securely? The location is certainly flat enough to maximize the area of contact, and the other buttons have no issues sticking to the metal backside of the display nor the plastic-y material of the dashboard.

I'm not beyond considering putting some other material back there that I know will adhere to the wheel (like perhaps a 1.5" square piece of duct tape) that will change the surface that the button is trying to grab on, while still being out of sight and not look too "ghetto". Or maybe I should do the opposite and rough the spot up with some sandpaper to make the surface a little more "dynamic" (bad choice of words, just the first thing I can come up with here) to provide a rougher surface for the button to grab on to.

I just want the darned thing to stay put. :)
I'm not sure how the "nano-suction" stuff works, but I've had ones I stuck on behind the screen fall off pretty soon after initial placement as well. I just tried cleaning both surfaces as well as I could and press the buttons down often and so far they've been holding well. I even put one on the side of the steering wheel hub (between the right and bottom spokes) and the contact area doesn't appear to be the entire button since it's a bit curved. I've been waiting for that one to fall off but it hasn't yet after several weeks.