Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY buttons at Abstract Ocean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do car / tent camping with my Model Y, and the rear hatch light stays on as long as the rear hatch is open... any way the rear hatch light can be added to the 4 other interior lights so we can turn it off? Current solution is to cover it with duct tape.

Keith

I do car / tent camping with my Model Y, and the rear hatch light stays on as long as the rear hatch is open... any way the rear hatch light can be added to the 4 other interior lights so we can turn it off? Current solution is to cover it with duct tape.
I don't think we can control individual lights but we will check this out. Anyway, duct tape always works :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220608-121013.jpg
    Screenshot_20220608-121013.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 99
Any chance we can get a button that returns fan speed to auto? Currently I have a button for max fan speed and another that steps down by one with each press. When I need to cool off I hit the max and when I am comfortable I hit the down button 7 times... since it almost always runs on 3 when in auto. If we can't have a button that return it to auto, how about a button that sets fan speed to three? :)

Keith

Any chance we can get a button that returns fan speed to auto? Currently I have a button for max fan speed and another that steps down by one with each press. When I need to cool off I hit the max and when I am comfortable I hit the down button 7 times... since it almost always runs on 3 when in auto. If we can't have a button that return it to auto, how about a button that sets fan speed to three? :)

Keith
We will do both buttons - return to Auto and Set to predefined value....another option that we thought about is +3/-3 button because sometimes you just need fewer steps. This might come later in the summer with an update.

@dimitar.ns Any chance of getting the ability to turn off or on the external speaker? The UFO sound is ridiculously loud when I leave the house at 5am and I’d prefer not to unplug it if I can temporarily disable.
@dimitar.ns I second that.
I need it too, the reverse sound is terrible.
Also, could you make some buttons on the dashboard. It will be easier for me to click on auto wipers on the dash than it is to click wipers button then turn auto.

Any news on the long click and perhaps winter mode, did you guys figure that one out or do you have to wait thw winter out to test it?

Reactions: DMod
@TimothyHW3 & @DMod, so far we didn't find a way to control the sound (boombox or sound on reverse) from the CAN bus, where the Commander is connected. Nevertheless, these features are on our radar and we will try to do it with future Tesla updates.

Regarding the buttons on the dashboard - yes, we are planning to make something like this eventually. Even when it's just contradicting our philosophy of the physical buttons I believe some people will find it useful.

Long click will come later in the summer and for the winter mode, I guess there is no need to rush :)

Reactions: ajp558
I just noticed something with the cabin light control. When I am driving around, I can turn on or off all the cabin lights just fine... but when I stop and put the car in Park, the cabin lights all come on, and I am not able to turn them off with the s3xy button.

Keith

I just noticed something with the cabin light control. When I am driving around, I can turn on or off all the cabin lights just fine... but when I stop and put the car in Park, the cabin lights all come on, and I am not able to turn them off with the s3xy button.

Keith
We will check that and fix it if possible.

Noticed that when the button is assigned to open glove box, it will bypass the PIN. Is it possible to enforce the PIN when using the button?
Unfortunately, this is not possible to be done from the CAN bus. The glovebox's PIN is entirely MCU feature, so it's integrated inside the screen only and we can't enforce it from a button currently.