Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY buttons at Abstract Ocean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I updated to firmware 2.11.2 today and it's another nice update. Love the adjustable duration for the handle pull and the newly organized menus in the app. These S3XY buttons have been by far the best accessories I've purchased for the MYP. Since I first installed them, they have been improved many times over and that is truly awesome.

Great job @dimitar.ns and your team! Keep up the good work!

noted cars after March 2021 doesn't have half press anymore, instead a long pull is required, and it's noted that the doors will open tgt with the frunk/charge port.

Does anybody have experience on that, is it actually annoying the car will unlock and doors open when you just need the frunk?

Just wanted to say that I’m really happy with the new long/double press function...has made a big difference to how useful even a small number of buttons can be.

I now have the button behind my left wheel spoke to toggle auto/off wipers with a single press, and then to decrease wiper frequency with a double press, whilst my right spoke button is AP on, and then increases wiper frequency with each double press.

Works really well in changeable rain where auto wipers still struggle to adapt quickly enough.

This setup would be even better if:

- I could single press the AP button to set it to the current driving speed, or long press (or maybe triple press) to set it to the detected speed limit
- I could opt in to receive app notifications for selected functions eg. changing the wiper speed

👍

• Love
Reactions: dimitar.ns
Just did the firmware update and am experimenting with the new features.

I set up the battery precondition in my model Y, and when I press the button I hear something happen (I assume it is battery heaters / fluid pumps / valves changing) but I don't get an indicator saying that it is preconditioning... is it supposed to display this? Also, will a second press of the button turn off the preconditioning?

Thanks,

Keith

Just did the firmware update and am experimenting with the new features.

I set up the battery precondition in my model Y, and when I press the button I hear something happen (I assume it is battery heaters / fluid pumps / valves changing) but I don't get an indicator saying that it is preconditioning... is it supposed to display this? Also, will a second press of the button turn off the preconditioning?

Thanks,

Keith
You get an indicator in the S3XY app dashboard, but not in the car itself. It acts as a toggle so second press turns off.

1669135160825.png

Am I reading you correctly? You can now have a button do double duty?

If so, that makes me excited. Yesterday, I ordered and can't wait until the buttons arrive.
Triple duty -- single press, double press, and long press. Each can be configured as a separate action.

EDIT: My mistake, only two actions per button as explained in Dimitar's reply below.

Last edited:
Am I reading you correctly? You can now have a button do double duty?

If so, that makes me excited. Yesterday, I ordered and can't wait until the buttons arrive.
That’s right - so for example I have a button hidden behind the lower corner of the screen which used to just open the glovebox when pressed.

It still does that, but now I can also double press it to turn on the dome lights (and double press again to turn them off).

Actually, about this @dimitar.ns, I noticed that when I turned on the dome lights with the button and then exited and locked the car they seemed to stay on - should they turn off automatically after a while?

Attachments

• 3E068E76-0A8C-47D7-ADF8-2D3D36453039.png
    3E068E76-0A8C-47D7-ADF8-2D3D36453039.png
    347.3 KB · Views: 30
  • F5118F12-FFAF-445D-A9F5-B0DA1A7D115C.png
    F5118F12-FFAF-445D-A9F5-B0DA1A7D115C.png
    371.2 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: gx9901
That’s right - so for example I have a button hidden behind the lower corner of the screen which used to just open the glovebox when pressed.

It still does that, but now I can also double press it to turn on the dome lights (and double press again to turn them off).
Haha, that's exactly how I have my glovebox button setup for double duty! Same location too!

Reactions: BillN