Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor S3XY Buttons - Regenerative braking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@dimitar.ns
Have you tested the off road mode with cruise control, the manual says it will turn off off-road mode if the cruise control is enabled? Is that so?
Is the acc pedal more soft than in chill mode in off-road mode?
Furthermore:
Automatic Emergency Braking and Lane Departure Avoidance is supposedly inactive while off-road is on, which is great!

Presenting doors, meaning opening the doors? Please make it via a button on the App/Dashboard too great in the winter! That will be great, because I and a lot of people refuse to update the car to vision only and have older SW version and don't have the option in the app...
It will pop-open the driver's door when the phone is in range. It's still in beta and everybody using it should be cautious and enable the notifications in the Tesla app for the open door but it will be cool because will be similar to Model X presenting doors.

@dimitar.ns
Have you tested the off road mode with cruise control, the manual says it will turn off off-road mode if the cruise control is enabled? Is that so?
Is the acc pedal more soft than in chill mode in off-road mode?
Furthermore:
Automatic Emergency Braking and Lane Departure Avoidance is supposedly inactive while off-road is on, which is great!
Off-road is turned Off when CC or AP is activated and we cannot prevent this, so the button will have effect only when driving manually.
Acc pedal is switched to SPORT mode but it actually feels softer than Sport, so it looks like something between both.
AEB and LDA are still to be tested but probably they are turned off as written in the manual.

This is how it's implemented on Model Y and we are not sure why but YES you can overwrite to Chill afterwards with a S3XY Button.
Great, thank you. So on the Model Y as soon as you turn on the off-road mode the UI changes from chill to normal even if you were in chill mode, is that correct?
Do you know what happens on a Y if I overwrite it with the normal UI, wether it will turn off the off-road mode?

Great, thank you. So on the Model Y as soon as you turn on the off-road mode the UI changes from chill to normal even if you were in chill mode, is that correct?
Do you know what happens on a Y if I overwrite it with the normal UI, wether it will turn off the off-road mode?
Yes, this is what happens and the Chill/Sport toggle becomes inactive. It's the same on Model 3. Activating CHILL afterward doesn't turn off Off-Road.

We will look into this, we have it on our roadmap!

We just released the official v2.11.2 with fixes for Preconditioning, headlights, AutoHigh beam and a lot of other features and fixes.

Yes, you can control the Hazard lights.
Recently we didn't update the Commander or the buttons so it doesn't matter. There was a limited old HW in November last year but it's long over.

Yes! You can change it even if it's not present on the Tesla Main Screen.

Off-road assist is also coming to all vehicles soon which could be used as Snow Mode! Stay Tuned!
Any chance we can get Creep Mode back in the refresh Model X/S?

Any chance we can get Creep Mode back in the refresh Model X/S?
We will release the Stopping Mode control with the next update too and I believe it will work just like the Regen is working in cars without the setting on the screen.

@dimitar.ns Any news on snow mode/off road mode? I need it badly from next Monday, the snow is coming :)
We still need some final touches in the app which are related to this feature. Now you will be able to see the state of almost all buttons in our Dashboard so it will be a significant improvement. I hope to release it next week....we might not be ready for Monday but for Friday for sure!

• Love
Reactions: Svedman and GtiMart
Hi Dimitar,

Bought your 6 button pack here in Australia and was hoping for a disconnect Autopilot only function. At the moment as far as I can see if you disconnect Autopilot using your buttons it also disconnects the adaptive cruise control (TACC) as well as Autopilot. Was hoping to just be able to disconnect Autopilot only and leave TACC still running.

Is this even possible with Tesla" software architecture? Or have you already provided this function and I as a beginner not seen it?

Regards.