Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY Drag Race!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tldw;
Model S
model X barely only during the last segment of the strip
Model 3 pulled ahead during launch on the X. I was very surprised.
Model Y

Sorry if I miss anything. I skipped around the video looking for the actual drag

The roll was more interesting.

Model S easily won
Model 3 edged out Model X
Model Y

Model 3 is outperforming expectations

Roll race has S significantly in the lead, with 3, X, Y all essentially equal.

S is still Flagship.
Really looking forward to the plaid drivetrain in that regard. The S is already basically an amusement ride takeoff. Relentless through 60mph.

With more efficient batteries coming in the next 5 years, perhaps they could also move the S motors to the 3 without losing too much range? Now that would be fun to drive. My grandchildren aren’t going to believe we used to show off cars that went 0-60 very loudly in 5 seconds as good.

Roll race has S significantly in the lead, with 3, X, Y all essentially equal.

S is still Flagship.

This is the end of the roll. Model 3 and X are right next to each other. Model Y is noticeably trailing. It was even worse from a dig.
upload_2020-8-7_14-10-20.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-7_14-8-50.png
    upload_2020-8-7_14-8-50.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
Oh man.... I’ve been seriously debating the LR AWD Model Y in MSM and white interior but after seeing this... I could get a Performance Model 3 with no exterior/interior upgrades for only $3k more and instead of being the slowest being a small rocket....

And this would be coming from a SR+...

Even the Model 3 LR AWD with the acceleration boost would be almost as quick as the Model Y Performance.

If money is an issue, you'd be equally as happy as the Model 3 LR AWD. Do it!