TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

S60 inventory $48,400

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Dan43, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Dan43

Dan43 Member

S60.jpeg

Just seen this thought I would let others take a look.

2. pcons

pcons Support Movember: https://mobro.co/13874276?mc=1

Yup, saw it too....but it won't be autopilot capable, and only comes with 2 year CPO warranty and battery warranty would be up in 2019. I would wait for it to drop a bit (CPO drop about 1.2k/day until they sell).

3. Sorabh

Sorabh Member

Where do you guys see these cars? The tesla CPO is empty in Toronto

4. pcons

• Like x 1
  5. Sorabh

Sorabh Member

Fantastic ... Thanks!

6. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

• Like x 1
  7. hingisfan

hingisfan hingisfan_Mark_V

If it actually has 2 year warranty that's a pretty hot price. Green with tan probably my least favorite choices tho.

8. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

it's already dropped to $47,700

It's nice to see the 85D's also dropping to reasonable prices. Just 6-8 months ago these 85D's were asking $90k+.

9. pcons

They still start close to 90k, but drop every day....I have had my eye on the one at 75k and the red one at 72k as a quicker option vs the AWD 3 I am waiting for. Both of these started in the mid 80's. It does seem though that the price drops stop after a while. The one at 75k has been there for about 3 days now, unless it has a pending sale.

10. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

Ah, good to know. Thanks.

Good luck with whatever you choose. That Red 85D looks like a solid deal.

11. RAM_Eh

RAM_Eh Member

Why not look on the used market? I sold my 85 for less than the 60 above. It had a lot of KM's but also had more options.

I have a 3 now but when I purchase another S in the future I would not hesitate on a used S in the private market.

• Informative x 1
  12. Dan43

Dan43 Member

Take a look now the used market is fairly pricey, I've been looking for ages and the prices are just too steep I feel, with the 12% added etc which I'm still not used to being from UK originally :)

13. Brando

Brando Active Member

2013 +8 = 2021 on the battery/drive train, right? Well, I trust buyer will verify.

14. pcons

I believe these early cpos only have a 6 year warranty on the battery so up in 2019. But to the right buyer not interested in autopilot, etc this is a good deal. Personally though I would be worried about things like the air suspension which is expensive to fix out of warranty nothing lasts forever, and I would expect by 150k km this would need additional tires and suspension parts, possibly brakes, etc.

Personally I would go with a 2015 with 8 years on battery plus autopilot and a 4 year CPO warranty. Would also be worth more on resale. Gotta figure this one won't be worth nearly as much as a 2015 with autopilot in 3-4 years...then again if you buy it to drive into the ground, that's less of a concern...

15. Insilin

Insilin Member

Looks like it sold today for $47,100

16. Dan43

Dan43 Member

Yes 2 or 3 have moved on, I was very tempted but must admit as to that 60 would have been worth in 1-2 years time.

Price history showed it was $49,500 last year with 50Kish km then only $48,500 with 100K+ km, still $47,100 is the cheapest CPO I have been to dat, another S60 2014 AP1 was listed at $56K the next cheapest I have seen, so they do come up once in a while :)

• Informative x 1
  17. Dan43

Dan43 Member

Latest lists 3 gone last day or so :)

Attached Files:

• Inv.jpeg
      Inv.jpeg
      File size:
      264.2 KB
      Views:
  18. SmartElectric

SmartElectric Active Member

Considering Tesla is offering mid-$30K's for 85's like mine, the CPO prices are factoring a lot of profit for Tesla.
    Private sale for $48K gets you an excellent 85 with every option.

19. Brando

Brando Active Member

#19 Brando, Aug 13, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    I buy a car I like, used, drive it till it is well worn - (5years company cars) so far two down since 1978. My '89 Saab is probably my last car. See photo and note damage -keyed hood when I bought, roof dents from fallen tree, truck lid dent from high bumper pickup, scrapped from fender underground parking cement post - you noticed, right? can't see the hood, but I saw every Saturday for the first decade when I washed the car. Washings go down, now perhaps twice a year. One person did notice the front fender. It was in a garage about 5-6 years otherwise always out side (West Coast climate). Buy a car based on price two years in the future? seriously?

Water pump, fuel pump, ignition coil, about 50 gallons of oil, 20,000 gallons of gasoline.
    That is about 400,000 lbs. of CO2. (the price of ICE) walk and bike mostly being retired
    Electric and I won't have had any of those expenses.:cool:

20. sakimano

sakimano Active Member

the cool car to buy is a 16 or 17 60D...then upgrade it to 75D for $2,000 or whatever it is now.

tesla will likely do that before listing it but a private seller or off make dealer might not know what they have.