Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S60 inventory price check HELP!!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey fellow Canucks.

Is a $4,000 price drop for a 4,000km inventory S60 worth it? It's a 2014 so I'm still eligible for the QC $8,000 reduction.

Basically my current confirmed order is the following:

S60
Black on black with no upgrades to the interior
Pano roof
Tech
parking sensors
Price: $86,420 + tax - $8,000 government incentive

-----------------------

Inventory car:

S60
Grey on Black with Matching Yacht floor (I'm cool with the grey but imho the matching yacht floor is a $550 waste)
NO pano roof
19" Cyclone upgrade (I love the wheels, but I'm not sure if I prefer Pano or upgraded wheels)
Tech
parking sensors
Michelin Primacy upgrade (don't think it's worth it given they have 4,000kms on them
Price: $84,800 + tax - $8,000 government incentive

I plan on either keeping the car around 10 years or keeping it until I can get a S85 (sell the S60 to get the 85). I THINK I can live without the pano, considering I live in the extreme Montreal winter weather... I just find the inventory car has things I don't need :-( Another to take into consideration: My new order is ready September. The lease of my current piece of crap ICE MB C350 is up end of June. So I'd be without a car for 2 months, sharing my girlfriends Beetle. The inventory car is ready in two weeks....

WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!

I think you should go with the configuration you really want. This is a car you are planning on owning for a LONG time, don't settle.

How long is the wait for an S60 in Canada if you order today?

Also, I don't find the pano roof to be an inconvenience at all in winter. I don't actually OPEN it much but the additional light that comes in from the roof is awesome.

I'd wait for your exact build. But we can all understand that the wait is really painful. But it could have been worse, look at zax123 signature above he waited nearly 11 months ;)

In regard to the pano roof, I got the pano only to be able to use roof rack because its the only option to get the roof anchors. The solid roof don't have them. I prefer solid roof in general, personally, as its a bit less noise and warmer during the "extreme cold".

I know its sounds awful but, can you extend your lease on the MB to fill the gap ?

I'd wait for your exact build. But we can all understand that the wait is really painful. But it could have been worse, look at zax123 signature above he waited nearly 11 months ;)

In regard to the pano roof, I got the pano only to be able to use roof rack because its the only option to get the roof anchors. The solid roof don't have them. I prefer solid roof in general, personally, as its a bit less noise and warmer during the "extreme cold".

I know its sounds awful but, can you extend your lease on the MB to fill the gap ?

They would only extend it if I signed a lease on a new car lol

The Primacy upgrade is $1,100, but for $10,700 you get the Primacy Upgrade, Supercharging and the 85kWh battery. Supercharging + the larger battery is definitely worth $9,600 more, so that's what I'd get, or no tire upgrade at all.

I'd keep you current order, but add Fog lights. I don't have them, but miss them. As others have mentioned, twin chargers could be a good idea, at least if you plan to travel East where Superchargers aren't planned. Of course, this is assuming you can still modify your confirmed order.

I second, go for the S 85. Supercharging and tire upgrade are worth it. We got a "plain" S 85 with no tech package and we have no regrets. We had the choice between an S60 + dual charger + supercharger and tire upgrade + tech package or an S 85. We went the 85 route, awsome car.
The extra battery capacity may be usefull during cold snaps and for the unlimited km warranty.