TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

S60 is back + 60D

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Blue heaven, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Member

it appears as if the 70 has been dropped for the S60 and 60D, both with the "locked" 75 pack though, if my memory is correct that's an $11 000 reduction over the 70.

2. gcgp

gcgp Member

What? Does that mean the 70D will be a rare model S?

3. srwx

srwx Member

Well that's annoying, you can save around 4k in taxes by getting a 60D and then upgrading it later to the 75D. The difference between the 70D and 75D wasn't worth considering in that regard.

4. Novatec

Novatec Member

Mmmm rare . . . more desirable.
    better range than a 60 and still upgradeable :)

5. Bullet1

Bullet1 Electric - way of the future

I tried changing down to the 60D but it was too late my 70D order just went into production for a July/August delivery?

Would have swapped down to 60D lowering the LCT bill and spec up later. Performace appears to be same for 60D, 70D and 75D.

In hindsight though I didn't consider the potential negative impact on finance and related buyback option as this is tied to original purchase price? So think was better sticking to 70D anyway.

6. paulp

paulp Member

It makes sense to go that direction, as it gives a much larger separation to the 90. Otherwise with battery improvement tesla risked the 70 becoming a 75 then an 85. The larger gap gives a much better market separation for the two capacities

7. baillies

baillies Member

Hope they also introduce X60D, this would be closer to what I can afford especially if I can get an 6 seat ex demo one. Would be good to have a 3 as a second car as well. If the Y has 6 seats I would prefer this as the X is very big but not sure when/if it will come out.