Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S60 RWD Owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just got my first Tesla a 2014 S60 RWD, i am wondering if there are any performance upgrades that any one could or would recommend.
Also how do I see or find out what updates the car has had or may need?
I am in Denmark EU not USA and would also like to knwo if there is an owners club in Denmark ?
Thanks for the info.
Kind Regards.

Hello,

It depends what you mean by performance... For power / torque figures, performance upgrades are a bit thin on the ground unless you are happy and familiar with breaking in to and noodling around with embedded Linux machines and vehicular network protocols - see posts from the inimitable wk057 for more info.

That aside, like any car, you can modify and/or upgrade wheels, tyres, brakes, aero etc, but that may not be what you're looking for. Nothing to say you couldn't re-gear the transmission to reduce top speed but increase torque, but technically that doesn't give you any more power - it just redistributes they dynamics of what you already have.

Tesla at present hold the vast majority of the cards when it comes to upgrades, and they are presently unwilling to consider such things. As I understand it, theoretically it is possible for you to remove your 350-volt 60 pack and replace it with a 400-volt (85/90/100 kWh) pack to get more range and more power for the same current out of your non-P RWD motor, but I am unaware of anyone doing so (yet). It may also be possible to noodle with the car's config and go down the uncorking route, but again that's way off-book as (again AFAIK) only the newer 75kWh packs with appropriately upgraded main contactors are capable of supplying sufficient current for a meaningful upgrade, so tricking the software into allowing more current may end, uh, badly... Or melty. Or burny :-D

I have just got my first Tesla a 2014 S60 RWD, i am wondering if there are any performance upgrades that any one could or would recommend.
Also how do I see or find out what updates the car has had or may need?
I am in Denmark EU not USA and would also like to knwo if there is an owners club in Denmark ?
Thanks for the info.
Kind Regards.

Congrats/tillykke with your new Tesla!

The danish owners are usually found on Teslaforum.dk but most seem active on Facebook in this group: Log into Facebook | Facebook

Hello,

It depends what you mean by performance... For power / torque figures, performance upgrades are a bit thin on the ground unless you are happy and familiar with breaking in to and noodling around with embedded Linux machines and vehicular network protocols - see posts from the inimitable wk057 for more info.

That aside, like any car, you can modify and/or upgrade wheels, tyres, brakes, aero etc, but that may not be what you're looking for. Nothing to say you couldn't re-gear the transmission to reduce top speed but increase torque, but technically that doesn't give you any more power - it just redistributes they dynamics of what you already have.

Tesla at present hold the vast majority of the cards when it comes to upgrades, and they are presently unwilling to consider such things. As I understand it, theoretically it is possible for you to remove your 350-volt 60 pack and replace it with a 400-volt (85/90/100 kWh) pack to get more range and more power for the same current out of your non-P RWD motor, but I am unaware of anyone doing so (yet). It may also be possible to noodle with the car's config and go down the uncorking route, but again that's way off-book as (again AFAIK) only the newer 75kWh packs with appropriately upgraded main contactors are capable of supplying sufficient current for a meaningful upgrade, so tricking the software into allowing more current may end, uh, badly... Or melty. Or burny :-D

Thank you very much for your reply its very much appreciated. Yes it what I fear the answer was going to be but non the less i am happy with what I have at the moment but maybe when I can save a bit more over the next year or so I will upgrade to a larger capacity and in the mean time just to some aesthetic bits and bobs to keep me happy making it more personal to me.
Thank again for a very apt reply.
Kind Regards.

Congrats/tillykke with your new Tesla!

The danish owners are usually found on Teslaforum.dk but most seem active on Facebook in this group: Log into Facebook | Facebook

Yes thanks for that I have found that but of course its all in danish and although I have been here ( Denmark ) for 2 years now I have still not got the hang of the language in fact I am still trying to Master English which as a Brit still makes me think twice about some of our words lololol.
Kind regards.

Yes thanks for that I have found that but of course its all in danish and although I have been here ( Denmark ) for 2 years now I have still not got the hang of the language in fact I am still trying to Master English which as a Brit still makes me think twice about some of our words lololol.
Kind regards.
Ah, I’m in the same situation with Swedish at the moment, that’s why I usually hang out in the English or Danish speaking parts of the Tesla community.
I’m not aware of any only English speaking user group in Denmark, but I’ve seen a few other ask in English on the Facebook group, usually not a problem. If you are looking for meet ups in DK, I unfortunately don’t think there is a lot of those, but if there are, my guess would be that they would be posted on the forum or Facebook.

Ah, I’m in the same situation with Swedish at the moment, that’s why I usually hang out in the English or Danish speaking parts of the Tesla community.
I’m not aware of any only English speaking user group in Denmark, but I’ve seen a few other ask in English on the Facebook group, usually not a problem. If you are looking for meet ups in DK, I unfortunately don’t think there is a lot of those, but if there are, my guess would be that they would be posted on the forum or Facebook.
Thanks for that i will go take a look.