Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S60 -> S75 upgrade price reduction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gabeincal

Jul 5, 2016
SF Bay, CA
Might not be news for everyone but I just logged in to My Tesla and see the upgrade went from $9k to $7k:

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 7.25.53 PM.png

Interesting. I would've thought they would never touch the price as it would make people who purchased at high price pretty pissed off. Either way, it's still not worthwhile for me to purchase...

Great news. I just check on the AU website and the change has not been updated for those taking up the option up-front. I wonder if this will be a US only change.

On the US design studio the upgrade is currently 6,500 on new purchases...

The acceration difference has to do with the number of modules in the pack.

I won't even begin to act like I know anything technical, but it seems like the car (60D X) is limited 0-20 and let's go a bit more 20-60.

Maybe I'm just feeling something that is not there.

I just feel if they can use software to keep making the P100DL faster... they can do the same for lower trims. Again just non technical theory.

Reactions: BigAirHarper
Having just done a long trip (2700 miles), I don't think it would even save you that much time.

That last 10-20% you'd charge is the slowest part of the pack, and it's not like there's a supercharger at every exit. If you don't have enough range to skip one you're still going to spend the time getting off the highway and parking. Only a 90D is really going to be able to pull that off, and only in certain areas.

From San Diego to Salt Lake City I would've saved 2 stops with a 90D, A 75 would've saved one (maybe 2)
For me the only big benefit would be that I would't stop in Temecula on the way to Barstow and eventually Las Vegas. (about 190 miles + 2000ft elevation)

The 60 is pretty underrated (it's more like a 64 based on the firmware hack). The upgrde adds about 10kwh,
Tesla’s hacked Battery Management System exposes the real usable capacity of its battery packs

Go ahead and try it out on ev-tripplanner, it'll give you an estimate for how much time you're really saving.

On a model X it might be a bit more worth it due to towing and higher consumption.

Last edited: