Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S75 actual range achieved?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys

I am debating buying an s75 2016
I see everything about estimated range, but nothing on what people actually get.

I keep searching but to no avail

I know this is very dependent on many factors such as driving style, weather temps etc

But would really like to know if the figures given are actually achievable?

I will be using the car for mainly city town driving and just wondering if I can achieve the stated 200 miles in real life ?

I will be using the car for mainly city town driving and just wondering if I can achieve the stated 200 miles in real life ?

If you’re asking if you’ll be able to cover 200 miles over several days of short trips around town, the answer is absolutely not. Short trips are punishing when it comes to range, the car uses energy as it sits, etc.

If you’re asking if you can achieve ~200 miles in a single continuous drive in normal-ish conditions, the answer is yes.

As an example, I have a 2016 S75 with a 100% rated range of 220 miles (down from 249 when new). Yesterday I charged to 100% and drove 155 miles at freeway speeds (~75 mph) without stopping and had 25% left when I got to the supercharger. So that’s almost exactly 200 miles of real world range. Weather was mild, temps in the low 50s F.

Last edited:
I had read somewhere that it was possible to get more with city driving, but I guess that is not the case
That's not a yes or no thing. It is or it isn't, depending greatly on conditions, which usually relate to the season of the year.

In summer, yes, probably much better range in city than pretty fast highway driving, like 75-80 mph. In winter, where there is really heavy heating power using up a lot of energy at the start of every short drive--then the city usage is going to be crazy and have less range than than highway, where that heating energy use gets to settle down to a lower level.

Reactions: Jacko996 and ucmndd
That's not a yes or no thing. It is or it isn't, depending greatly on conditions, which usually relate to the season of the year.

In summer, yes, probably much better range in city than pretty fast highway driving, like 75-80 mph. In winter, where there is really heavy heating power using up a lot of energy at the start of every short drive--then the city usage is going to be crazy and have less range than than highway, where that heating energy use gets to settle down to a lower level.

Thanks for the reply
Yes I can see that the conditions have a great deal to play on range

Range wouldn't have been a problem, because I have a local supercharger, and I was planning on charging daily, but after reading about tesla capping the charge rate if used exclusively, has put pay to that idea

Mine is from late 2018, I get 180-480km range on longer trips depending on speed/temp/weather.

for example I only get 180km if im driving 150kmh while its just above freezing but its raining.
Meanwhile I can get 480km driving 70kmh in perfect summer weather.

most of the time I guess 250km-300km is realistic though for longer trips.

Reactions: Jacko996