Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S75 new or S100 showroom vs Model 3 performance +

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an order for model 3 performance + upgrades and debating whether I should go ahead and get an s75 or showroom s100.

The 3 seems refreshed and I think I prefer the UI on the dashboard vs the one on S / X. The new MCU at least makes it a lot faster but feels like an older gen Iphone.

I prefer the sport seats on S and overall quality of interior. I love the design and the bigger size doesn’t bother me.

Have driven both and the only thing that throws me off is how significantly cheaper (even the white interior) looks and feels vs the S or even X.

I’m not going to track either car, I just preferred the look of the performance package on 3.

In an ideal world is S was refreshed I’d buy it instantly but clearly that won’t happen for a while.

It appears that I have an allocation for October for the 3P+ so need to make up my mind ASAP.

Anyone wrestled with same decision and/ or jumped ship from S to 3?

I have an 85 D that I absolutely love and a reservation for a Model 3. I just had the opportunity to test drive a 3, and while it is more nimble than the S, I really like the looks and ride of the S better. Now I am strongly considering trading in my 2015 85 D for an inventory 2018 Model S 100 D. The new 100 D has significantly better range plus the new AP 2 hardware. I drovee a new 100 D and it feels quieter than my 85 D and AP 2 now seems to have surpassed AP 1. I can likely trade in my current S and buy the new version for about the same price I paid in 2015. With my current equity I can keep the payment the same and only extend the loan for 1 year.

Reactions: sm1810
They're still selling S 75s? the RWD model hasn't been made for basically almost a year now.

or are you talking about a 75D? if its 75 RWD vs 100D AWD, then get 100D.

The 100D basically has the same 0-60 performance as the Model 3 performance, +/- ~ 0.4 seconds.

I meant 75D brand new or showroom (adjusted) 100D :)

Ah okay then,

if you dont need the extra range, save your money and get the 75D. New is always better, and now that PUP is standard, its more cost efficient.

That being said, at that price range you might as well order a Model 3 Performance. If you dont need the extra space, then it'll be funner to drive a faster car. And you'll still have free supercharging.

Ah okay then,

if you dont need the extra range, save your money and get the 75D. New is always better, and now that PUP is standard, its more cost efficient.

That being said, at that price range you might as well order a Model 3 Performance. If you dont need the extra space, then it'll be funner to drive a faster car. And you'll still have free supercharging.

that's where I'm at.. I have a P3D with VIN allocated for October delivery. MSM with white interior and upgrade package (wheels, calipers, spoiler, etc.). Total is $77K (before tax credit) so the question is, keep this or get a 75D brand new or 100D showroom :)

with P3D I'm going to miss the air suspension and bigger size

with 75D I'm going to miss the newer UI/interface (debatable at this point if this is good or bad)

...with 75D I'm going to miss the newer UI/interface (debatable at this point if this is good or bad)
Do you mean you are going to miss the "missing" driver display? Or miss the "missing" browser? Grin.

Or miss the horizontal display? Having a vertical display will make for an easier transition to your 2020 roadster.

The 3s and Ss both have MCU2 now.

Reactions: sm1810