TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

S75 new or S100 showroom vs Model 3 performance +

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by sm1810, Aug 26, 2018.

1. sm1810

sm1810 Member

I have an order for model 3 performance + upgrades and debating whether I should go ahead and get an s75 or showroom s100.

The 3 seems refreshed and I think I prefer the UI on the dashboard vs the one on S / X. The new MCU at least makes it a lot faster but feels like an older gen Iphone.

I prefer the sport seats on S and overall quality of interior. I love the design and the bigger size doesn’t bother me.

Have driven both and the only thing that throws me off is how significantly cheaper (even the white interior) looks and feels vs the S or even X.

I’m not going to track either car, I just preferred the look of the performance package on 3.

In an ideal world is S was refreshed I’d buy it instantly but clearly that won’t happen for a while.

It appears that I have an allocation for October for the 3P+ so need to make up my mind ASAP.

Anyone wrestled with same decision and/ or jumped ship from S to 3?

2. Bebop

Bebop Active Member

Do you plan on using all the cargo space the S has to offer?

If not then stick with the 3.

3. sm1810

sm1810 Member

Good point, absolutely not, in fact if the roadster was available I’d buy it today. Most of the time I’m driving alone, had rear passengers maybe 4 times in the last 3 years.

4. Krash

Krash Data Technician

Get a showroom S100D or P S100D and trade it for a roadster as soon as they are shipping.

• Like x 1
  5. Kuhz

Kuhz Member

And lose a boatload of $$ :)

OP: you are asking this in a Model 3 forum. Personally I’d go for the S. Looks more classy and respectable IMO

• Like x 3
  6. Krash

Krash Data Technician

Yeah, if you have credit card debt, kids college to plan, a mortguage to pay or retirement to save, don't go that route. But anyone looking at a $200,000 expense and saying "I'd buy that if I could get it" should plan to. The roadster will be amazing. It is going to decimate the supercar market.

• Like x 1
  7. Lasttoy

Lasttoy Member

If you dont need the BIG S, get the 3.
    But, remember no free charging. Ive been in over 20 states, hundreds of charges free.

8. Bebop

Bebop Active Member

Free charging comes with the performance model 3

9. pedriscoll

pedriscoll Active Member

I have an 85 D that I absolutely love and a reservation for a Model 3. I just had the opportunity to test drive a 3, and while it is more nimble than the S, I really like the looks and ride of the S better. Now I am strongly considering trading in my 2015 85 D for an inventory 2018 Model S 100 D. The new 100 D has significantly better range plus the new AP 2 hardware. I drovee a new 100 D and it feels quieter than my 85 D and AP 2 now seems to have surpassed AP 1. I can likely trade in my current S and buy the new version for about the same price I paid in 2015. With my current equity I can keep the payment the same and only extend the loan for 1 year.

• Like x 1
  10. PiercePeniless

Strong case to do it. EAP is a mind blower now. Plus if you prefer more cush = Model S. That’s what I did.

11. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

They're still selling S 75s? the RWD model hasn't been made for basically almost a year now.

or are you talking about a 75D? if its 75 RWD vs 100D AWD, then get 100D.

The 100D basically has the same 0-60 performance as the Model 3 performance, +/- ~ 0.4 seconds.

12. sm1810

sm1810 Member

I meant 75D brand new or showroom (adjusted) 100D :)

13. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

Ah okay then,

if you dont need the extra range, save your money and get the 75D. New is always better, and now that PUP is standard, its more cost efficient.

That being said, at that price range you might as well order a Model 3 Performance. If you dont need the extra space, then it'll be funner to drive a faster car. And you'll still have free supercharging.

14. sm1810

sm1810 Member

that's where I'm at.. I have a P3D with VIN allocated for October delivery. MSM with white interior and upgrade package (wheels, calipers, spoiler, etc.). Total is $77K (before tax credit) so the question is, keep this or get a 75D brand new or 100D showroom :)

with P3D I'm going to miss the air suspension and bigger size

with 75D I'm going to miss the newer UI/interface (debatable at this point if this is good or bad)

15. Krash

Krash Data Technician

Do you mean you are going to miss the "missing" driver display? Or miss the "missing" browser? Grin.

Or miss the horizontal display? Having a vertical display will make for an easier transition to your 2020 roadster.

The 3s and Ss both have MCU2 now.

• Like x 1