Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S85 Battery Degradation

That is very low. Was there a sudden drop that you can remember?

Yes, I lost 20 rated miles about a year ago, and the service center chalked it up to new software, but don't buy it. Im going to have my car serviced soon, so I want to be armed with as much information as possible before I bring it up again to service. That is my thoughts behind this thread.

I know this thread has been done before, but I am looking for some fresh data. For the S85 folks out there, whats your milage, and whats your 90% rated miles. I am at 101,000 miles and my 90% is 203 rated miles... That seems too low, but I want some more data points. I still love the car!! Appreciate the help! Cheers!!

s85 2014 83k miles 100% is 252-254miles depending on season and driving style. Battery is D pack

90% 226mi

Last edited:
I know this thread has been done before, but I am looking for some fresh data. For the S85 folks out there, whats your milage, and whats your 90% rated miles. I am at 101,000 miles and my 90% is 203 rated miles... That seems too low, but I want some more data points. I still love the car!! Appreciate the help! Cheers!!
Document everything, just in case you decide to take action(s).

I am in that process right now with my S60.

Good luck.

So, I brought it up to the service center again, and was immediately dismissed and told "well, degradation is normal in electric cars" Like I'm a total moron. Without even knowing who I was, or looking up my VIN, they just said, "Ya, thats normal"...... Which I am convinced it is not. How do I push the issue? Is there a question I need to ask, or some data I need them to pull to verify it? I feel a little in the dark on this, where I know something is wrong, but I have no idea how to prove it. Thoughts appreciated!

So, I brought it up to the service center again, and was immediately dismissed and told "well, degradation is normal in electric cars" Like I'm a total moron. Without even knowing who I was, or looking up my VIN, they just said, "Ya, thats normal"...... Which I am convinced it is not. How do I push the issue? Is there a question I need to ask, or some data I need them to pull to verify it? I feel a little in the dark on this, where I know something is wrong, but I have no idea how to prove it. Thoughts appreciated!

Two words, executive escalation.

submit it from your my tesla account, may take a week but it will go to the top and then come down to get looked at and fixed if needed.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC