Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S85 Battery Degradation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is misleading, probably unintentionally. Climate energy usage is included in the displayed consumption in the trip meters when the car is in a drive gear. All energy usage is being included in that state. But when the car is in Park or has turned itself off, that usage is not being counted.
Actually, I think it does get counted in the first mile after being put in drive. For example if you've preheated your car, your watts per mile as soon as you start driving will be, like, 1.2kw.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
Actually, I think it does get counted in the first mile after being put in drive. For example if you've preheated your car, your watts per mile as soon as you start driving will be, like, 1.2kw.

I have tested this extensively. Energy is not counted when the car in in P. It is counted when in D. While the car is not in motion, it will not updated the trip numbers and then 'catch up' once you start moving again.

Ah! This was the post i read last night and now i see i replied this morning in the "wrong" thread, so here it goes again....

Wow!
Is that in typical or rated range?
I see you are in Canada and i'm not sure range is counted the same way as in Europe (range is counted differently in US or EU cars), but as far as i know my late 2014 S 85 never even had 415 km of typical range when new, let alone after the 85.000 km it has now...
I currently get 380 km of typical range, at best (usually i get 370/375).

Rated. As I understand Canada uses same rated range as US.
EPA 265 miles = 425 km new