Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S85 Battery Degradation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't generally use 90%; I always use 80%, but I can extrapolate a little bit.
Mine is a March 2014 S85. It has 54,700 miles on it. At 80%, it's about 205-206 miles most days. So that would be about 230 for 90% if I calculate the ratio.

I know this thread has been done before, but I am looking for some fresh data. For the S85 folks out there, whats your milage, and whats your 90% rated miles. I am at 101,000 miles and my 90% is 203 rated miles... That seems too low, but I want some more data points. I still love the car!! Appreciate the help! Cheers!!

s85 2014 83k miles 100% is 252-254miles depending on season and driving style. Battery is D pack

90% 226mi

Last edited:
2012 original A battery - S85 - 183k miles - 90% 211 to 213,, 100% 235-238.

OP, I would charge to 100 percent three days in a row, and ideally drain to less than 20 percent before or in between to get proper battery balancing. Try it out.

Reactions: techmaven
I know this thread has been done before, but I am looking for some fresh data. For the S85 folks out there, whats your milage, and whats your 90% rated miles. I am at 101,000 miles and my 90% is 203 rated miles... That seems too low, but I want some more data points. I still love the car!! Appreciate the help! Cheers!!
Document everything, just in case you decide to take action(s).

I am in that process right now with my S60.

Good luck.

So, I brought it up to the service center again, and was immediately dismissed and told "well, degradation is normal in electric cars" Like I'm a total moron. Without even knowing who I was, or looking up my VIN, they just said, "Ya, thats normal"...... Which I am convinced it is not. How do I push the issue? Is there a question I need to ask, or some data I need them to pull to verify it? I feel a little in the dark on this, where I know something is wrong, but I have no idea how to prove it. Thoughts appreciated!

So, I brought it up to the service center again, and was immediately dismissed and told "well, degradation is normal in electric cars" Like I'm a total moron. Without even knowing who I was, or looking up my VIN, they just said, "Ya, thats normal"...... Which I am convinced it is not. How do I push the issue? Is there a question I need to ask, or some data I need them to pull to verify it? I feel a little in the dark on this, where I know something is wrong, but I have no idea how to prove it. Thoughts appreciated!

Two words, executive escalation.

submit it from your my tesla account, may take a week but it will go to the top and then come down to get looked at and fixed if needed.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H