Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S85 Delivered at new Love Field Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my new Model S85 RWD about a week ago at the new service center at Love field. I posted the details, including pictures, of my delivery in the generic model S forum here. Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions The new service center is a lot more spacious and has a lot more parking than the old service center near the Galleria. Back on Apr 1 when I took delivery, only the service center was open, and the gallery was not open yet. In fact when we showed up for delivery, the doors were locked on the gallery side and there was a note on the door telling customers to go to the service entrance around the corner of the building. There was another owner who arrived about 10 minutes after me to pick up his car, and there was a 3rd model S parked in the delivery area apparently waiting for an owner to pick it up later in the day.

I've still got the temporary tag on my car that I ordered from the DMV website. The day before the delivery, I got an email from DS that provided a link to the DMV website where I could fill out the web form and order a 30-day temporary tag for $25. I printed out the paper tag and brought it to the delivery with me. The DS asked for the paper tag, and they installed it on the car for me. The DS said that the MCO, Bill of Sale, and other paperwork from Tesla will be shipped to me via FedEx a couple weeks after the delivery, and I should have plenty of time to go to the county tax office to register the car, apply for Texas title and get my permanent license plates before the 30-day tag expires. I'm not looking forward to paying the 5000+ tax bill.