TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

S85D 0-60 Limited??

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Moparposterchild, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Moparposterchild

I am assuming Tesla has limited the 0-60 capability of the regular S85D to 5.6 sec. because it has a combined HP rating of 564 HP which is well above what my current P85 has, yet my P85 gets from 0-60 in 4.2 sec. Does anyone think Tesla will allow the S85D to go faster with an update in the future? They could at least allow it to go 4.2 like the P85 and it still wouldn't touch the P85D. I know Elon said something about an update the will improve 0-60 is coming for all cars (I believe) but do you think it could be a big jump for the S85D?

2. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Active Member

Huh? The S85D has (stated) 376 motor HP and a 0-60 time of 5.2 according to Tesla (though likely close to 5.0). Where are you getting these #s?

3. Moparposterchild

Ooooops. I mis read the info on the design page of Teslas website. I thought it said it had a 376hp rear and 188hp front motor but I guess it's two 188hp motors. My bad.