Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S85D Dec '15 - 10,000 mile report

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
um, not much to report really.

85D with all options excl the rear facing 7 seat, wouldn't change my mind on any of them. The UHFS is okay but not what it should be though, worth Tesla revisiting to improve the SQ for this option imho.

100% reliability
negligible rattles and squeaks
no notable quality problems
90% range at new 229 miles, at 10K now is 238 miles! - mostly due to a refined calculation in one of the software updates.

avg Wh/mile: 385 (no point having it if you don't use it)
Tyres: f/f 21" Contisilent 5; appx 3.5mm all around, even wear, run at 43psi

Great company to deal with.
Love the regular software updates, just adds to the fun of ownership
AP is used daily and considering the limited sensors works outstandingly

Nothing is ever quite perfect ...
Dont like the Conti 5 tyres much, but have had these before and found them significantly worse for steering feel and wear than Pilot Supersports; these tyres in my experience do noticeably blunt the edge of the driving experience. A bit worried to change to the PSS in case the road noise is more prevalent on 21's. Anyone done this who can comment from experience?

The (Android) app could do with some more work - there is soo much more that could be offered with this - as Allen Wong has shown with the (Apple) Remote S app. Even real basic stuff like passing the car notifications like washer fluid low is mia.

The Media interface on the 17 inch display is all there but could do with a refresh, there are hints of something coming though?

Spotify (excellent feature added) needs a "Radio" button always available to allow the current playing track to be used as basis for "Radio" functionality to allow the user to explore music more readily.

Dont understand why the driver profile cannot be linked to the key?

However minor nits aside overall the car is an absolute pleasure to own. Pretty much every car I have owned previously (numerous Audis and AMG) all had significant defects/gremlins and/or flaws, the Tesla in comparison has been perfect.

Apologies if the report is a bit boring, but worth posting if nothing else than to help some folks realize that Tesla are progressively getting on top of quality, (as I am convinced they will do with the MX teething problems) and that is just so hard for a new manufacturer to do.

To Elon and all at Tesla from a delighted owner - very impressive indeed and thank you for all the hard work guys

fingers crossed mine doesnt brak at 20,000 miles I guess!

Spotify is great, just have to hope they sort a deal out for the US in the near future.
But hey you get self closing charge port covers I believe, I get to leave mine open and have to regularly go back and close it!

Picked my 85D up exactly 1 year ago today, wow time flies! 20,000 miles in the first year. Just minor fit an finish issues. Michelin tires. still with plenty of tread left. I do rotate every 5k to maximize wear. Car mechanically has actually been way better than some of the horror stories I have heard on here. I was prepared for some issues. but have be pleasantly surprised to have none