Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S85D moving rapidly through production.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all... quick question. I noticed today our S85D has moved into "The factory is building your Model S". So, since purchasing on 5/19, confirmed 5/26, production queue 5/27, and now building 5/29, do most cars move this rapidly into production? or am I winning the Tesla lottery with an expedited build? I find it amazing that to special order a car from an ICE manufacturer it has taken me on average 10 weeks. Tesla in less than 6 for delivery? If that is the case, stick another feather in Tesla's cap.

Last edited:
Hey all... quick question. I noticed today our S85D has moved into "The factory is building your Model S". So, since purchasing on 5/19, confirming 5/26, production queue 5/28, and now building 5/29, do most cars move this rapidly into production? or am I winning the Tesla lottery with an expedited build? I find it amazing that to special order a car from an ICE manufacturer it has taken me on average 10 weeks. Tesla in less than 6 for delivery? If that is the case, stick another feather in Tesla's cap.

Seems like your lucky, combination of the model, where you are, perhaps color/paint schedule, etc. Some of us that ordered back in April are still waiting for production to start even.

Looking at all of the times in the delivery tracker, I am pretty stoked at the progress.

@Travill - Hoping your car gets a little giddie-up into production soon.
@Fluke - That is awesome that you are in transit. I can only imagine what the anticipation is like. Guess I will find out soon enough. :biggrin: