TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

S85D moving rapidly through production.

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by PhinFL, May 29, 2015.

1. PhinFL

PhinFL Member

#1 PhinFL, May 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
    Hey all... quick question. I noticed today our S85D has moved into "The factory is building your Model S". So, since purchasing on 5/19, confirmed 5/26, production queue 5/27, and now building 5/29, do most cars move this rapidly into production? or am I winning the Tesla lottery with an expedited build? I find it amazing that to special order a car from an ICE manufacturer it has taken me on average 10 weeks. Tesla in less than 6 for delivery? If that is the case, stick another feather in Tesla's cap.

2. travwill

travwill Member

Seems like your lucky, combination of the model, where you are, perhaps color/paint schedule, etc. Some of us that ordered back in April are still waiting for production to start even.

3. Fluke

Fluke Member

You are pretty much flying through the process so far - congrats. Mine has been much closer to average times, but is now in transit. If you have not already done so, put your info into the tracking spreadsheet and see how your car compares to other recent orders.

Model S Order Delivery Tracker

4. PhinFL

PhinFL Member

Looking at all of the times in the delivery tracker, I am pretty stoked at the progress.

@Travill - Hoping your car gets a little giddie-up into production soon.
    @Fluke - That is awesome that you are in transit. I can only imagine what the anticipation is like. Guess I will find out soon enough. :biggrin:

5. Bwdavis99

Bwdavis99 Member

You won the lottery. I'm still in que. aaarrrrrgggghhh

6. Anthony7

Anthony7 Member

Still waiting in queue here, confirmed on 5/6... 88195, right behind Travwill. My delivery is late June.

7. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

Florida orders lumped in with the priority Georgia ones?

8. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

If shipping by train, I suspect FL and other east coasters will be built now and western (CO, NV) will be built next week. All trying to complete delivery by end of June.

9. Ride Long

Ride Long Member

Luck box. I finalized in April and awaiting late June delivery. In queue still.

10. yell

yell Member

Ordered in September last year. Oh my are you moving along fast! Mine is coming next Tuesday though, so my wait is almost over.