Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SA pulling my leg?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, can I please get some advice on this? I'm a little annoyed. Just want to make sure I'm not reading too much into this.

Placed my order on April 3rd. Nothing but a RN number on the site for 2+ weeks. Then last Friday (23rd) magically a VIN 16xxx showed up and they scheduled for Sunday delivery (25th). The morning of delivery my SA called and said upon inspection the car has paint issues and will require a couple of days (he doesn't know). Gave me the usual option to wait or go back of the line. I told him we're not in a hurry and would like to go back of the line. The VIN got yanked from my order. Today, we received a text to take delivery earliest tomorrow. The same freaking VIN showed up after confirming delivery time. I get that the VIN don't represent build date and all but it feels to me like they're hustling a reject on me rather than giving me a build from factory. When I asked for the build date, no answer. Also, why isn't the VIN showing up before I book for a delivery appointment?

I would suggest taking the delivery appointment first and checking out the car - you can always reject on the spot and go back in line. Go over the paint carefully... if there isn't anything else wrong and it was repaired well, you could still take it if you wanted.

As for the reassignment of the same VIN, I suspect it's all automated. Doubtful the SA is trying to push a car on you (in my experience, they don't care enough to have any sort of agenda either to help OR screw you).

Reactions: DGMVW
Like someone said above, hopefully the Service/ Delivery Center isnt far from you, take the delivery appointment, go there confirm if its the same VIN and if you are still not happy, reject and tell them to put you back in the que.

At least then they are in front of you and you have a physical person to talk to. If you call, send emails, text you might not have too much luck. I tried calling 5-8 times a few days before my delivery and COULDNT reach anyone. My SA only got back to me the day after my delivery answering my questions I left for him over voicemail and emails not knowing that the car had already been delivered to me.