Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sacramento: 2/15 SATURDAY Noon EV Meetup at CAM - It's Electrifying!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EVer's of all types!

Let's meet up this Saturday (rain or shine) at the California Auto Museum to celebrate the opening of It’s Electrifying! Alternative Fuels in California.”

DATE: Saturday, 2/15
TIME: Noon
VENUE:California Automobile Museum

Let's get a big Tesla turn out.

If you haven't been to the museum before, you're in for a treat. Even beyond the the EV displays, there is an incredible collection of cars with docents to give you the history of the automobile.
Guy
Electric-Vehicles.jpg

2oldcar.jpg
I’ve had the opportunity to work with the California Automobile Museum and SMUD to bring an exciting special exhibit to the Sacramento region. Opening February 15th will be “It’s Electrifying! Alternative Fuels in California.” This exhibit is a historical look at the progression of alternative fuel and electric cars produced with California’s trending market in mind.
Between a 1913 Detroit Electric and a sleek Tesla, museum patrons will explore and discover the technology that has driven these cars through the past and into the future. Bring the whole family to enjoy an enlightening display of plug-in electric, fuel cell, and hydrogen vehicles that have been influential to today’s auto industry.
Join the exhibit for a grand opening celebration 12:00 to 3:00 p.m., or stop by the museum before June 15th.

The California Automobile Museum is an all-ages facility open to the public 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. seven days a week. For more information on this exhibit, visit calautomuseum.org or call 916-442-6802 .

Thanks Guy. I was going to organize another trip to CAM this year due to the success of the one last year. Glad to see someone did it for me. This should be a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

oh, wow, I just noticed the date...tomorrow. Not much notice with a 9pm posting. I'll see you there.

Nice turnout. Loved the Model S prototype. I had never seen this car in person before. All I can say is WOW! That car is amazing to look at. So many differences between this and the production cars. I'd seen the Beta prototype in person at the Palo Alto showroom in 2011, and it looked a lot like the production car. This car had many things that were clearly not going to make it to production, but it is a thing of beauty. The paint color is awesome...this should have been the Signature Red. The pictures here don't do the car justice (sorry about the lousy cell phone pictures, but that is all I had with me...wasn't expecting to see this car.) Also a nice roadster on display. Thanks for organizing this exhibition Guy. Lots of nice cars from Corbin Sparrow, Think, It, Fuel Cell prototypes and Prius and Volt. 1913 Detroit Electric car was also a nice addition to the museum.

20140215-153257.jpg

20140215-153337.jpg

20140215-153535.jpg

20140215-153558.jpg

20140215-153623.jpg

20140215-153734.jpg

20140215-153909.jpg

20140215-154018.jpg

20140215-153945.jpg

Did anyone else attend the opening of the special exhibit? I thought they did a great job collecting cars from across all Alt. energy sources.

I still think the hydrogen cars are not going to go anywhere. It will be interesting to see if the new Toyota FCV sells. At $50-$100k I don't think there will be many takers especially since it is going to be so boring looking. If it looked like the show car, it might have had a better chance.

CES 2014: Toyota says fuel-cell car has 310-mile range

1389043379001-cell2.jpg

1383667586000-toyotahydrogen.jpg

I'm so glad that Tesla does not make their cars way different than the show car. They try to build the production car as close as possible to the show car. I've heard Elon say this in several interviews, and looking at the car displayed at CAM, it clearly shows. The biggest differences are in the front and rear bumpers, but also some details around the doors and the size of the door handles. Extra spoke in the wheels. In general, they built the show car.

I'm so glad that Tesla does not make their cars way different than the show car. They try to build the production car as close as possible to the show car. I've heard Elon say this in several interviews, and looking at the car displayed at CAM, it clearly shows. The biggest differences are in the front and rear bumpers, but also some details around the doors and the size of the door handles. Extra spoke in the wheels. In general, they built the show car.
Concur.

An example:
A(EM): Show cars that never come to reality... shouldn't do that. For sure, anything we show will make it to production. Any car that is shown as a prototype to customers, the production car must be better.