Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sacramento Raceway drags, 2017/06/07

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
Sacramento_P100D_Twins.png

We've had many reports on the consistency of Tesla vehicles at the drag strip, but this is the first case I've seen of such consistency between two vehicles. Observe the slips above. Note the matching -- to the 3rd decimal place -- of the ET for the first-slip, right-lane P100D and the second-slip, left-lane P100D. My understanding is that (1) this is the first P100D showing at Sacramento Raceway, (2) the first slip represents the new Tesla record for 1/4 mile ET at SR, and (3) the second slip represents the new Tesla record for 1/4 mile exit MPH at SR. My recollection is that both slips are the 2nd run for their respective vehicles.

The second slip was the second run at ~85% SOC. The first run was @ 91% SOC, but battery heating+cooling and waiting for the next run ate up some battery. (The first run ET was 11.118s.)

Sacramento_LudPlusWidget.png

This image is after the 2nd or 3rd run for the '4818' car (second slip above), I forget which.

550.8 kW ~= 738.6 hp
10.5 m/s^2 ~= 1.07g

Last edited: