TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Sacramento/Rocklin Service Center is Open

Discussion in 'California' started by omarsultan, Sep 13, 2013.

1. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

Looks like its officially open - its now shown on the website and Tesla just tweeted about it.

Omar

2. Kipernicus

Kipernicus Model S Res#P1440

Someone please go scout and send some pics and intel on charging facilities!
    Interested to see if it is a good option for the Tahoe run, or if it's still better to use Folsom.

3. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Still better to use Folsom, Kip. You can't count on charging at the Rocklin facility - they have limited charging right now & that is reserved for making sure that cars in service are fully charged before being returned. That said, you could call ahead and see if it would be a problem or not. And (so far) there are no outdoor charging facilities.

The good news is that Randy Filippi is running the show over there - we've got one of the best. (And the really good news is that they're just a few miles from my house. Yay.)

I'll pick up some pics later today, but can tell you that there will be a small showroom (the design center wall is under construction).

- - - Updated - - -

My understanding is that the I-80 supercharger location is planned for the Galleria area. But I don't think the actual spot is finalized yet.

4. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

I think Folsom then if you go to North Shore the Firelite Lodge, Hyatt Incline Village and soon the Ritz Carleton Northstar will have a Nema14-50.

5. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

I thought the i80 SC was no longer in the works since tesla removed the dot from the supercharger map
    Glad there will be a show room, would love to sit/touch the model s!

6. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Nope, the I80 Supercharger is still planned. I had hoped it would be at Sierra College, where all the new construction is (and the service center), but Tesla opted for the Galleria area.

7. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Galleria is not too bad, hopefully the spots they pick aren't in too prime of a location where they'll be getting ICEd yet at the same time in a location where many people can see them being utilized!
    Its also a great location for those traveling up the 65 coming from sacramento or those traveling down 65 towards sacramento