Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sad ordering experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Charlotte Sales staff has been great to deal with, quick to reply via email and text, and even call when there were issues. Since you're in NC it might be worth reaching out to them. I'm happy to share the name of the folks I worked with. I'm taking delivery Wednesday so I can see if the good service continues through delivery....

I would like to comment the ordering experience we had in Raleigh, NC. We went to the service center in early January, asked about the Model Y new upgrades (ie. heated steering wheel, new console), the service advisor had no knowledge about that at all. We followed up with him multiple times with email, message, call, and was not able to reach anybody. We placed an order on Feb. 13 for long range Model Y and put down the specs we wanted, however there was nowhere we can specify the new updates. We tried to work with the sales advisor, no responses. Within a week we got notification for delivery. We wanted to confirm if the car has the upgrades, the sales advisor just ignored our requests. Given the limited information on the VIN and no response from sales advisor we made another order on Feb. 28 and hoping that can increase the odds of getting the new upgrade. During that time, we tried numerous times to reach to the service advisor regarding our order, but again, he did not respond at all. On March 3, we were notified for the delivery. Again, we were not given clear information regarding the upgrades and we were charged $100 two times for placing the order. The service advisor had been non responsive, lack of knowledge, not willing to work with customer, and rude. We were pretty disappointed at this point and would like your advice in dealing with the situation. Thanks.
I had a terrible experience trying to purchase a Model 3 a few years back and it caused me not to buy a Tesla at that time. I placed my Model Y order last month and have had a pleasant experience thus far this second go-round. I hope it holds up through delivery.

Would you mind sharing the first name of your advisor? The person who initially assisted me is Jessica and since then I have talked to Jacob on the delivery end. Pete the mgr has emailed but his replies are like weeks later if at all. Glad you are getting your MY soon and hope you have a successful delivery.
Thanks @CKJR
The advisor I have been working with is Travis.

Cindy, how far are you from the sales center? If it’s a short drive, you can schedule delivery and go see the car and reject the delivery if it doesn’t have the features you want. Very simple. You don’t have to get the features from the advisor, you can actually see them in person. And no reason to place multiple orders. There is a $100 fee each order. Just keep rejecting/delaying until you get the features you want.

Reactions: DaddysCar
Or, realize there are always going to be newer better features introduced at random times so just accept what is there and enjoy the vehicle. The only thing that might possibly change now is headlights and no one has proven in the US that they are actually better. You can’t use the new features here. All the videos you see comparing are in Europe.