Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sadly, my 100D cannot be uncorked :-(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just found out from tesla that my April 2017 manufactured S100D cannot be uncorked. VIN 191XXX

Kind of a bummer. Especially since I read here once that a 185xxx VIN 100D was eligible for the uncorking. Anyways, sucks, but I still love my car.

Tesla still doesn't communicate well. It might be that your car can be uncorked. Did they say why you can't be? I think there still might be a chance. Numerous 75D owners were told no that eventually got a yes. I was one.

Tesla still doesn't communicate well. It might be that your car can be uncorked. Did they say why you can't be? I think there still might be a chance. Numerous 75D owners were told no that eventually got a yes. I was one.

They couldn't say why....they just said that they received a list of all the vins that were eligible and mine wasn't among them. I asked them to please recheck and she said they did, but no luck.

Hmmm - not good news for me. I've inquired but not heard back yet. I'm driving a May build vin 195***. I also saw someone on here getting a 185*** uncorked so was very optimistic until I read this. I too would prefer Tesla communicate a little better where such is concerned. Knowing the why doesn't change the situation, but at least you are not just told "nope-sorry".

Reactions: SammyJr.
My March delivery VIN 1883XX was uncorked a week ago. I would suggest using the contact form on your Tesla.com account screen and ask directly bs through your service center.

Below is the response I received:

E7327FD3-7B5C-475D-9B24-F5F761C9DF1B.png

681134C7-D071-4F08-A582-1583E4901256.png

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
Had to escalate to get an answer after waiting a few days longer without a response. VIN 187XXX 03/17 build date. Our S100D is scheduled for uncorking at West Palm in mid-December.
Super helpful. Thank you!

My March delivery VIN 1883XX was uncorked a week ago. I would suggest using the contact form on your Tesla.com account screen and ask directly bs through your service center.

Below is the response I received:

View attachment 262661

View attachment 262659

Thank you so much. I'll contact them. Can you please PM me the entire message you received if possible?

I don't think you are missing much. I had mine uncorked but I can't really tell the diff before and after. Maybe a little from 60-100kmph (maybe) but definitely not at the low end. I heard that some are uncorked as delivered if they are purchased past July this year. I think it maybe improves 0-60 by 0.1 or something. This is not like a 75D uncork where you effectively get a different level of acceleration.

I don't think you are missing much. I had mine uncorked but I can't really tell the diff before and after. Maybe a little from 60-100kmph (maybe) but definitely not at the low end. I heard that some are uncorked as delivered if they are purchased past July this year. I think it maybe improves 0-60 by 0.1 or something. This is not like a 75D uncork where you effectively get a different level of acceleration.

I agree — my March 18xxxx got uncorked and below 45mph I don’t really see much difference if any at all. There’s a bit more steam above that speed but it’s not like the 75D’s uncork. It’s really not worth losing sleep over.

Reactions: avesraggiana
I agree — my March 18xxxx got uncorked and below 45mph I don’t really see much difference if any at all. There’s a bit more steam above that speed but it’s not like the 75D’s uncork. It’s really not worth losing sleep over.

I guess that's good to know...but I've heard from multiple sources that the 0-60 on the uncorked S100Ds is around the 3.5-3.7 mark...which is pretty significant compared to the current 4.2.....

I guess that's good to know...but I've heard from multiple sources that the 0-60 on the uncorked S100Ds is around the 3.5-3.7 mark...which is pretty significant compared to the current 4.2.....
I think there’s a difference between the software uncork of the 100D and whatever changes Tesla quietly made to the hardware of the latest 100D’s.... what I’m seeing after uncorking is certainly different from the previous performance but it’s nowhere newer that amazing 0-60 in 3.6 video that DragTimes did.

I think there’s a difference between the software uncork of the 100D and whatever changes Tesla quietly made to the hardware of the latest 100D’s.... what I’m seeing after uncorking is certainly different from the previous performance but it’s nowhere newer that amazing 0-60 in 3.6 video that DragTimes did.

Ahaaa.
that explains it perhaps.

New goal: burn out the rear (and front) motors on my 100D as soon as possible in order to get the 'right' replacement part installed before 50k miles lololol

• Funny
Reactions: Rouget and croman
I’m lurking hoping my 85D gets uncorked one day.

For those who say it doesn’t feel much different, check out the threads from people saying the uncorking didn’t take and they had to go back 2 or 3 times to get it to stick. Maybe you are in this boat?

I’m lurking hoping my 85D gets uncorked one day.

For those who say it doesn’t feel much different, check out the threads from people saying the uncorking didn’t take and they had to go back 2 or 3 times to get it to stick. Maybe you are in this boat?

While I believe it's very possible there are some whose 100D uncorking did not take, I also believe it's a little harder to verify 100D vs 75D uncorking via the seat of your pants. I would recommend using the Power Tools iOS add and sending your 1/4 mile results to @Krash and see if he will be kind enough to compare them to the baselines he has on file. The 75D uncorking is all in the 0-60 MPH range and is very noticeable (especially if you have a high state of charge), whereas the 100D uncorking is more in the 40-80 MPH range in my experience. At least that's where I noticed it. Switching back and fourth between a 75D and 100D (both uncorked) really shows the difference that simple 0-60 times don't.

While I believe it's very possible there are some whose 100D uncorking did not take, I also believe it's a little harder to verify 100D vs 75D uncorking via the seat of your pants. I would recommend using the Power Tools iOS add and sending your 1/4 mile results to @Krash and see if he will be kind enough to compare them to the baselines he has on file. The 75D uncorking is all in the 0-60 MPH range and is very noticeable (especially if you have a high state of charge), whereas the 100D uncorking is more in the 40-80 MPH range in my experience. At least that's where I noticed it. Switching back and fourth between a 75D and 100D (both uncorked) really shows the difference that simple 0-60 times don't.
@jjh1234 is the 100D noticeably quicker than the 75D both uncorked?