Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sadly, my 100D cannot be uncorked :-(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't say the 100 is quicker. They are nearly identical for the first second and a half, in fact if anything the 75 weighs less. But after two seconds the 100 is faster as it always has more power. The raw data is in the performance metrics but the difference is about 75kW...

upload_2017-11-26_23-25-36.png

Last edited:
What is the model of each line, their DU version and corking status?
I wouldn't say the 100 is quicker. They are nearly identical for the first second and a half, in fact if anything the 75 weighs less. But after two seconds the 100 is faster as it always has more power. Sorry to take a picture of a picture but I don't have a real computer handy. The raw data is in the performance metrics...
View attachment 262919

I also have a late March delivery (or maybe it was early April), VIN around 193. I was told the same thing, my car was not eligible. I did ask for more details, and she read me the message from the system which said something along the lines of "The hardware for this car is not suitable for the performance upgrade". I think she said it has something to do with how the battery is wired up. I think we got a batch of cars that were produced differently, with less robust wiring.

Hearing that there doesn't seem to be much of a difference has me not too concerned about it.

UPDATE:
just got a reply from Tesla customer support. we're in business ;-)

---------------------------------------
Thank you for writing in! I am sorry for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused. I have taken a look into this for you and can see that your vehicle should be eligible for the performance upgrade (uncorking). I have gone ahead and notified the management team over at the Tyco Road service center in order to avoid any further confusion. They will be reaching out to you soon in order to begin coordinating next steps. In the meantime, if you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know!

Best Regards,

Executive Care
45500 Fremont Blvd | Fremont, CA 94538
24/7 Support 1-877-79-TESLA
[email protected]
Model S video walkthrough
----------------------------------------------------------

Reactions: Rouget
I would like to know if anyone definitively has been told no to uncorking on a 100D? My guess is no. I think they are all eligible. If a 75D from Aug 2016 is eligible then a 100D from Jan 15 to present shouldn't have any issues.

@Krash after looking at all the data do you think the difference is BTX6 battery gives the massive performance boost we here being reported? look like drive unit doesn't matter so much.

What is the model of each line, their DU version and corking status?
BTX6s are 100s. BTX5s and 8s are 75s. They all say old or new (DU). The only corked is the BTX8.

@Krash after looking at all the data do you think the difference is BTX6 battery gives the massive performance boost we here being reported? look like drive unit doesn't matter so much.
The torque numbers can be and are set on old and new drive units the same, hence the same performance.

Except a 75 started much slower. Not sure and conclusion can be drawn from comparing to a 75.
All these are normalized to start the same. But the corked 75 looks like all the other (unshown) corked 75s for the first few seconds. But in the quarter mile you see that the power from the higher voltage (400v BTX8) battery never drops. It can be sustained longer.

Just an update. As I mentioned earlier 3/17 build date. Escalated the issue they said the engineers said all good for update. So I scheduled my service. While scheduling I mentioned that in my notes it says I am ready for uncorking. Service rep said......"the build date does not indicate that it can be uncorked." The service rep rattled off some date which escapes me now.

I think that the local SC's go by build date, where the mothership actually researches the components to find out which unicorn you really own.

I would if turned down at SC escalate the issue. I know some people have said that is clogging up the people that really need service escalation. Well I really want whatever my car can do. Which will now be going through more tires. Maybe Tesla can add a few customer service reps that have knowledge so escalation is not needed for these issues.

@jjh1234 is the 100D noticeably quicker than the 75D both uncorked?
I wouldn't worry about it! My 75D was not eligible unfortunately! I had a 100D loaner the other day and it was uncorked. Yes, I could feel a slight increase in acceleration but not enough to make a stranger say "wow" that's faster than your car!
However the acceleration difference was nothing like that of a P85D!

I wouldn't worry about it! My 75D was not eligible unfortunately! I had a 100D loaner the other day and it was uncorked. Yes, I could feel a slight increase in acceleration but not enough to make a stranger say "wow" that's faster than your car!

Unfortunately loaners are capped pretty much at the speed range where the difference between an uncorked 75D and a corked or uncorked 100D is readily apparent.

Of course, that says a number of things, not the least of which is "the 75D is an amazing performance value" and "unless you really know what you're doing most people will go to jail before they drive in a way that they greatly benefit from the uncorked 100D performance level"

At speed performance (40mph+) is equivalent to P85D's I've tested if not more (shown by higher max power on my runs). This was done at 95%+ SOC, and that makes a significant difference in 100D 0-60 times and max power output.

• Informative