Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sadly, my 100D cannot be uncorked :-(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also have a late March delivery (or maybe it was early April), VIN around 193. I was told the same thing, my car was not eligible. I did ask for more details, and she read me the message from the system which said something along the lines of "The hardware for this car is not suitable for the performance upgrade". I think she said it has something to do with how the battery is wired up. I think we got a batch of cars that were produced differently, with less robust wiring.

Hearing that there doesn't seem to be much of a difference has me not too concerned about it.

@timvracer Did the executive team say this or the service center?

What is your VIN? Was your car delivered in May or produced in May? My 100D was produced in April, delivered in June. I was told I’m not eligible to get the uncorking.
Thanks!

Don't worry. It's eligible!
email [email protected] and tell them to please look into it for you.

Mine was produced in April i believe....just like yours. delivered in May.
Vin 191xxx

Best of luck.
ps. they told me mine can't be uncorked, until i contacted the folks via the email i noted above ;-)

Last edited:

Vin 191xxx

Best of luck.
ps. they told me mine can't be uncorked, until i contacted the folks via the email i noted above ;-)
I wouldn’t say this is the sure fire way because I’ve had people with “Road side support” titles tell me my P100D was available for uncorking when obviously it isn’t. The people who respond from that email address are ill informed. The best way is through executive support through my Tesla portal.

To my knowledge no one has been ineligible @timvracer and @Jabardo would be the first on this forum and I seriously doubt this is the case. Escalate it through My Tesla portal

I wouldn’t say this is the sure fire way because I’ve had people with “Road side support” titles tell me my P100D was available for uncorking when obviously it isn’t. The people who respond from that email address are ill informed. The best way is through executive support through my Tesla portal.

To my knowledge no one has been ineligible @timvracer and @Jabardo would be the first on this forum and I seriously doubt this is the case. Escalate it through My Tesla portal

Yes, escalate through the MyTesla portal. The email address i provided is wrong (even though i got it from Tesla.com). I just checked my communication with tesla and it was indeed through the MyTesla portal at [email protected]

Good luck.

Uncorked June delivery 100D as of today (at least they told me it has been done). SC handled this on their own with no executive escalation. My performance config showed P1 before and after the upgrade so no way to verify until I can do speed runs with the car.

Vin 191xxx

Best of luck.
Thank you very much! I will email them and post how it goes. I’m hoping I’m not let down! Thanks again!

FYI
Hello Jan.

Thank you for contacting Tesla vehicle support. After further review of your vehicle and request, I can confirm you are eligible for the performance upgrade. Please contact your service center for scheduling to complete the upgrade.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

VIN 1880xx,

Uncorked June delivery 100D as of today (at least they told me it has been done). SC handled this on their own with no executive escalation. My performance config showed P1 before and after the upgrade so no way to verify until I can do speed runs with the car.

New 0-60 times reflecting the upgrade (though very small). Old times were 4.25. New times are 4.15 per Powertools.

Again would love to get any corked 100 quarter mile (400M) runlog (i.e. before you get uncorked) in order to see if the battery current amperage changes. We have quarter mile data from after uncorking, just not before. If you run iOS Powertools simply use vehicle tracking instead of 0-60 and turn it off manually later.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Rouget