Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safe/Gun Vault anchor points in rear trunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seriously, though, if you don’t have rear facing seats, get the special bolts and T-nuts that go into the channels that anchor the RFS at the edge of that rear cargo well. Hard to beat a pair of M10 (ish) bolts.

Seat Front Lower Anchor.JPG

Well shot.JPG

I think these are the bolts and locations that he's referring to.

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Yes. Those photos show what’s left over from a rear facing seat if the seat is removed - the cut outs in the carpet are to fit the RFS mounts. No need to make big cutouts like that for this.

The bolts thread into steel T-nuts that fit into a channel that runs under the carpet. Good strong place...

Yes. Those photos show what’s left over from a rear facing seat if the seat is removed - the cut outs in the carpet are to fit the RFS mounts. No need to make big cutouts like that for this.

The bolts thread into steel T-nuts that fit into a channel that runs under the carpet. Good strong place...

I have the kit/tools for installing steel Rivet Nut if you live in NCR. Its easy to use.

Are you getting a good ground on this location -- I assume RFS is for an Antenna mount.... true?

I have a federal LEOSA permit, so I carry everywhere except when sleeping. Rather than a safe, there are magnetic holders (see the link for $20) that can be installed under dash or in out-of-sight places in the trunk or fronk. The idea is to draw less attention than a safe and make the pistol reachable easily.

As a firearms instructor, I recommend this mount as you can have a "spare" pistol in the trunk with a weapons light or laser mounted.

Let us know how you solve the problem. Good luck and be safe.

https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Mount-Holster-Vehicle-Home/dp/B07V1WSDFB

Last edited: