Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safe to sit in the car while Super Charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...radiated heat coming out from underneath the car while SC. Sure the cabin is probably shielded, but all that energy surging is so close to parts that are prone to cancers. Am I being too paranoid?
Conflating heat radiation with Ionizing radiation. This is like if I said "I need to run by the store on my way home from work" and you ask me "with all that running will your legs will be tired?". The word radiation has MANY meanings and uses and MOST are good since all light IS radiation. Here is a device that gives off 'tons' of radiated heat. Fearful of it causing cancer?
Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 6.55.49 AM.png

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
But, not lightning.

Apparently you're not supposed to Supercharge during a lighting storm.

Who knew?

I thought that was only the case for the Supercharger station near the Hill Valley Clock Tower?

Anyway, this whole thread reminds me of the crazy person at work that needed to swap offices with someone else because there was a wireless access point attached to the ceiling in their new office...

• Funny
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D

But, it happened. In a thread of things that have never happened I figured it was a good one to add.

Couldn't find it in there.

http://www.i3guide.com/pdf/BMWi3-owners-manual.pdf

How long does it take to charge the car to get back on the road? With the ICE, Not sure why there would be any owner sitting in their car while charging.

With Chademo I could easily see staying in the car while charging.

GET OUT!!!!!!!
You are also required to set a perimeter of orange cones connected by yellow 'crime scene' tape around the vehicle. Local authorities must be notified - in advance - and in writing, of the exact amount of charging you plan to do.
Emergency vehicles must stand by (at a pre-determined safe distance) while attaching the Supercharger cable.
Your lawyer should have a recently updated will.
Port-a-potties and a refreshment stand must be placed within a safe distance to handle the obvious onlookers that will be waiting to experience the upcoming mayhem and destruction.

• Funny
Reactions: Beckler and kavyboy
Couldn't find it in there.

http://www.i3guide.com/pdf/BMWi3-owners-manual.pdf

How long does it take to charge the car to get back on the road? With the ICE, Not sure why there would be any owner sitting in their car while charging.
I sat in my i3 twice a week while DCFCing during my commute. Why? The principle of the thing. Sure, I could run the last 20 miles home on the REx, but listening to that lawnmower buzzing back there just destroyed the experience.