Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety: Camping

Would you feel safe camping inside a Model X at designated campgrounds?

• Yes

Votes: 16 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe / Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m thinking of camping inside my Model X. I browsed the net and though I didn’t find any stories of Tesla owners camping in their cars falling victim to any crimes, I am still a bit weary of the idea. While campers and RVs can be quite expensive, they are not as exposed as a Model X, nor do they carry the “prestige” sort of say.

Anyone have data or stats I wasn’t able to find, or thoughts in general? I’ve done plenty of tent camping without an issue, and have read about / watched vids from plenty of others doing it too. Yet there’s a gut feeling of uncertainty with the though of camping inside a Model X I cannot seem to place or shake.

I’ve done plenty of camping. No problems. Sure some people might stare, others might come up to ask questions.

If your gut gives you bad vibes then your options are: 1. Don’t go camping. 2. Arm yourself. By that it can vary in spectrum from portable motion detecting lights, to pepper spray (kimber pepper blaster vs traditional mace), to an actual firearm. Of course know your local/state laws and regs.

Personally I take my concealed carry with me anytime I’m out with my fam in the woods. And as another user posted above, it’s mostly for wildlife than protection from fellow man.

Maybe I am old school but with the exception of some So Cal seaside campgrounds I don't see an issue with camping. Heck we just use a tent.

Worse reports I have ever heard of was where people had stuff stolen during the day when they were away from the campground, but that has been only 1 or 2 reports over decades of camping. Maybe I am just going to the right places.;)