Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety features of vehicles in the age of terrorists

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

thx1139

Aug 1, 2014
Lemont, IL
Now I am not someone that is scared of terrorists. I truly believe that we have far more riskier things in life and statistics back this up.

Still with the terrorist act in Charlottesville and Barcelona and cars having more and more sensors. Why not an automatic cutoff of the ability for a car to drive once a collision has been detected. Even if the cutoff was just a short time many lives could be saved and perpetrators apprehended.

Now I am not someone that is scared of terrorists. I truly believe that we have far more riskier things in life and statistics back this up.

Still with the terrorist act in Charlottesville and Barcelona and cars having more and more sensors. Why not an automatic cutoff of the ability for a car to drive once a collision has been detected. Even if the cutoff was just a short time many lives could be saved and perpetrators apprehended.
Because if you get in a minor fender bender while crossing railroad tracks, causing your car to refuse to move while a train is approaching.....I think you can come up with lots of scenarios where computer logic stopping your car from moving might be a bad thing. It's like DRM, it doesn't stop the bad guys, only the good guys get inconvenienced.

Because if you get in a minor fender bender while crossing railroad tracks, causing your car to refuse to move while a train is approaching.....I think you can come up with lots of scenarios where computer logic stopping your car from moving might be a bad thing. It's like DRM, it doesn't stop the bad guys, only the good guys get inconvenienced.
OK so that is the first scenario that does make sense. Still think it is to rare to be an issue. Like I said even if the cutoff was 30 seconds or a minute in a situation such as Barcelona people would have been all over that truck once it hit the 1st person.