Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Hawaii Tesla Owners

Safety Inspection Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aloha everyone! First time post and new member to the Hawaii Tesla Owners Group. However, long time follower and reader of TMC.

I live in the downtown area of Honolulu and was wondering if anybody had recommendations on where best to get their safety inspection done.

My wife and I moved to the islands a few years ago and haven’t had to do an safety inspection before on any of our vehicles until now.

We weren't sure if there was anything more ore less in particular that needs to be completed during the inspection due the fact that the car is an EV.

Thank you in advance

Aloha everyone! First time post and new member to the Hawaii Tesla Owners Group. However, long time follower and reader of TMC.

I live in the downtown area of Honolulu and was wondering if anybody had recommendations on where best to get their safety inspection done.

My wife and I moved to the islands a few years ago and haven’t had to do an safety inspection before on any of our vehicles until now.

We weren't sure if there was anything more ore less in particular that needs to be completed during the inspection due the fact that the car is an EV.

Thank you in advance

Welcome to the club!

I've always taken my Tesla to the SC.

I use my app to schedule the appt. I input the specific need for a Honolulu Safety Check.

It's usually not a service that is recognized by the central service center and done by a mobile team, so they'll call you to schedule a Honolulu SC appt instead.

Welcome to the club!

I've always taken my Tesla to the SC.

I use my app to schedule the appt. I input the specific need for a Honolulu Safety Check.

It's usually not a service that is recognized by the central service center and done by a mobile team, so they'll call you to schedule a Honolulu SC appt instead.

Thanks for the great tip! I appreciate that! we are actually coming up on our one year service checkup and I could try to tie it in all together! Thanks again

Thanks for the great tip! I appreciate that! we are actually coming up on our one year service checkup and I could try to tie it in all together! Thanks again

Don't be surprised if you get a response that there's no real 1 year service check.
There was a notice in the last year that scheduled services have been replaced with "as needed" service appointments...like the safety checks we have for Honolulu vehicles...I don't believe many/any owners of 2018 or newer models purchased service maintenance contracts based on the reliability of Tesla EVs! Search the forums on what others have experienced to verify my statement.

Don't forget, if you don't have your front plate on, you'll have to figure out some method to "attach" it to the front bumper. You cannot pass the safety inspection in Hawaii without a front plate attached.

I’m not a fan of the front plate but I despise drilling holes or adding stickers that are not necessary. So I’ve added the tow hook plate mount and it looks pretty good. 9A3C937E-B1C3-4B9C-BB2E-6AEC12DED774.jpeg9A3C937E-B1C3-4B9C-BB2E-6AEC12DED774.jpeg

Reactions: fseir

Thank you in advance
I bought an inspection sticker bracket at the NAPA auto parts store so I did not have to deface the bumper. Tesla SC put the sticker there at my request.

I thought there was a front plate that came with the TM3 that did not require holes for installation? Is this untrue?
The front plate holder uses 3M adhesive tape to attach to the bumper. Mine has been on for almost two years, with no problems.

Sad to hear they no longer give the safety inspection sticker brackets with new deliveries anymore, but I plan to replace mine with the acrylic bracket from Min’s Plastics, if they still make them.