Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety restraint system fault (RCM2_a058)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my model y just a couple days ago and this error popped up today. Anyone know what it could be exactly? I’ve seen that some similar error messages will specify the seat however this does not. On the left side of the screen, the red seatbelt/airbag icon thing is showing.

Attachments

• 6E90BD70-4B61-49D0-A3C4-FFA35F8C0D08.jpeg
    6E90BD70-4B61-49D0-A3C4-FFA35F8C0D08.jpeg
    677.5 KB · Views: 630
I had this error on my 3, mobile came out and fixed it under warranty

Ok awesome. I saw most people say it was a quick fix so I’m hoping the same is true. Earliest appointment at the service center was Tuesday so I shouldn’t have to deal with the error message too long
Heya - do you have any further info on what the problem was, location etc - having the same problem on a refresh Model S.

Attachments

• IMG_2846.jpeg
    IMG_2846.jpeg
    470.9 KB · Views: 281
Tesla just let me know it's the steering control module, and they're waiting on parts, so my car will sit in service for 2 weeks...

Seems a bit odd for them to think that, but they probably know more than me?
My car just started showing the same fault code. It went away a couple times and came right back. I have a service appointment Monday and in chat they said they'll need to check connections related to the air bag circuit and believe it may be related to steering column. Hmmm

My car just started showing the same fault code. It went away a couple times and came right back. I have a service appointment Monday and in chat they said they'll need to check connections related to the air bag circuit and believe it may be related to steering column. Hmmm

Yep, that's what I was told, too. Also waiting on an antenna part for the charge port so that the button on the charger will actually open it. Sigh.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-17 at 10.10.11 AM.jpeg
    Screenshot 2021-12-17 at 10.10.11 AM.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 290
  • Informative
Reactions: xEvoLveDx
FYI my car is in service now but they claim they fixed it by finding a loose ground on drivers side a-pillar (assuming near floor board). In the app it claims the correction was replacing steering control module but if I get further details after pickup I'll update this post.

FYI my car is in service now but they claim they fixed it by finding a loose ground on drivers side a-pillar (assuming near floor board). In the app it claims the correction was replacing steering control module but if I get further details after pickup I'll update this post.

Please do! When are you picking up your car? Would really appreciate more details since my car is literally sitting for another week while they wait for a steering control module, but if it's not necessary I could get my car back sooner...! This error only showed up after moving the seat forward and then back... so it's never sat right with me that it would be related to the steering...

Just reading back over this, the A pillar is the one near the dash, - not near the floor. B pillar is the one to your direct left that runs down to the floor. Did service say A pillar or B pillar? :D

1640026636388.png

• Informative
Reactions: Mike_TV
Guess you never received a call the

Guess you never received a call then? 😞
Just leaving service with my car now. Invoice says they found a loose ground bolt in lower A-pillar area. Cleaned the ground and torqued bolt to spec. Issue fixed. I haven't looked myself on the Tesla but in my Cadillac there is a major ground bolt in lower a pillar area behind the foot well carpet on the side. I imagine the Tesla has one in the same spot...directly below a pillar behind carpet.

Just leaving service with my car now. Invoice says they found a loose ground bolt in lower A-pillar area. Cleaned the ground and torqued bolt to spec. Issue fixed. I haven't looked myself on the Tesla but in my Cadillac there is a major ground bolt in lower a pillar area behind the foot well carpet on the side. I imagine the Tesla has one in the same spot...directly below a pillar behind carpet.
Thank you for the update. However, if it’s A pillar it can’t be near the floor carpet. That’s B pillar. Any chance you can confirm with them? It’s important people know the distinction. 😅

Last edited: