Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Restraint System Fault (RCM2_a529)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2021 Model 3 recently started showing me this alert with a RCM2_a529 code. Anyone else seeing this on their end?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 689
Concern: Customer states front left safety restraint system fault alerts keep coming up.
Inspected for left front restraint fault. Found a poor contact at the ground wire at the left drivers seat pretensioner. Removed the drivers seat and replaced the seat harness. Calibrated the seat and road tested. No alerts were displayed. Note there were no alerts on during the drive into the shop.
Correction: Harness - Seat - Driver (Remove and Replaced)
Total Charge: $526

I am waiting for another safety recall for this so that I can get my money back. This is my second wiring harness failure. First was my backup cam wiring harness failure which I got my money back through the recall.

I am having the SAME issues. Tesla Rockville gave me an estimate of $1300. Shouldn't this be covered under warranty? Plus no offer for a mobile, told me to bring the car in set for this Thursday. Any thoughts? Thanks all. Appreciate the dialog.

I am having the SAME issues. Tesla Rockville gave me an estimate of $1300. Shouldn't this be covered under warranty? Plus no offer for a mobile, told me to bring the car in set for this Thursday. Any thoughts? Thanks all. Appreciate the dialog.
Weird. I’m in your area, and mobile came out and fixed it for me for free under warranty.