Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety restraint system fault

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FBAC4093-B25A-43B5-9ADB-E0707A8F8BB5.jpeg

Anyone get one of these? I had this pop up approx 24 hours ago and was going to take it in to the service center when it disappeared and did not come back, just wondering if anyone else experienced this and had a service center resolve it?

I got same message for passenger safety restraint. The error persisted for that day, and I made an appointment for a few weeks out (it was first available). The mobile tech came out and did nothing, check connections, says he ordered a part for a future service but I have seen no traction on this issue.

I have had this issue before and took it into Tesla. That was two months ago and thought it was fixed until the message reappeared last week, so I scheduled another appointment. Then two days, I received a text from Tesla "Good Morning, this is Tesla Service! We are currently reviewing your notes for your upcoming appointment. Regarding the "Passenger safety restraint system fault" we were able to diagnosis what is wrong remotely and it should be a very quick fix. We have the part on order, unfortunately, the part we need to fix it is on backorder. If you are ok with it we would like to move you to our unscheduled list so that when the part comes in we can reach out and get you rescheduled asap."

So cool that they are being proactive, just sucks that the part is on backorder. Fun that since they sent the text, I have not seen the alert again ;)

Reactions: SMAlset
I received the error below (M3). It also went away at first but came back a day or two later. I called called toll free Customer Service and was put on hold while she "checked the vehicle" and came back and said to schedule a visit with the SC as she thought there looked to be a problem with the restraint system. The SC diagnosed it as a kink in the Wiring Harness that ran the length of the right side of the car. They replaced it and had it ready for pick up at the end of the day.

20190429_072615-1.jpg