Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score affected while parking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mangrove79 - just read your response. So I need to make sure the visual/audio warning is not muted or I will not hear the alert if I do create a FCW event. Correct?
I've always had my setting on Medium, which I think is the default. I tried Early but it is too annoying, and Late is not safe enough for me. I assume if you set it to Off (muted) then you definitely won't hear anything, but even Late and Medium that might be the case. I've definitely had experiences where no warning was given on a drive but one or more FCW was recorded. The previous post with the screenshot had a piece of information I didn't know, and that is if the driver has already started braking (brake pedal as opposed to regen braking) then no warning will be shown even though internally it's recorded. That might account for some of my FCWs too.

Thanks so much, this is perfect. So it is 3 mph not 15 mph. that triggers the FCW That explains why when slowly parking in the garage or backing out of the garage slowly it does not trigger the FCW. Just have to do it slowly.

Follow up question, what is the deal with the alert? Assuming someone is not already pushing on the brake, if you get a FCW strike, it will make an audible alert (as well as a visual alert on the dashboard somewhere).

I get my new tesla with fsd this week and was thinking I should try driving around with the more sensitive FCW setting for a couple of days, because if I can drive with the alert not going off, at the higher sensitivity setting, then when the safety score is monitoring my driving at the medium level which is more sensitive, it should never go off. Not sure I am being clear, but really just worried about the FCW score because it has such a large impact on the overall safety score.
Honestly, I would just do a scroll wheel reboot whenever you get a FCW, that's what I did. You can do it while you are still driving, everything still works... Turns signals will not make the "click click click" noise, but they will still flash. And your wipers will still work if you push the button, etc. And if your headlights are on, they will stay on, and you can still pull to flash, etc. You can try to drive as cautiously as you want, but it seems the FCW can happen for the dumbest/wierdest reasons... I know there were times when I was already slowing for a stop sign, and a car turns in front, and the computer screams at me thinking I'm going to crash, when I don't even have enough momentum to carry me to the stop sign, let alone hit the guy in the intersection, etc. Other times it will scream at me about a car that's not even in my travel lane....

• Informative
Reactions: N1L CO2
Thanks all for empathizing with my heated frustration. First it was the signing my life away to enroll in "Safety Score" hoop to jump through. Then dealing with an incompetent AI algorithm that is not able of taking real-life scenarios into account which then just prolongs the receipt of something I've paid for 18 months ago. As someone said, this seems nothing more than a smokescreen by Elon (thus the F-U), to buy time so Tesla can "sort of" deliver what they sold to people 5 years ago. And obviously, there are a bunch of loop holes where he can do crap like this freely. That's what pissed me off.

One last thing, if the whole getting dinged with FCW can be defeated with the scroll button reset, what the hell is the point of all this?? Score of a 100, really isn't a 100, no? Anyways, that's enough from me. Cheers all, have a great week! LOL! 😁

I read in another thread that the reset ability was taken away with a recent update. Also, I can attest to the fact that pulling into the garage doesn't trigger a hit to the SS. I get red warnings on the front and sides when I pull in but am still rocking a 99 score..... Biggest hitter for me has been following distance.

Thats safety score is such bullshit. They sell these cars as sporty cars and boast about the acceleration and cornering, but if you do that, you get racked. It has to be high to get the self driving activation, which makes no sense because you're no longer driving, so your driving habits are no longer part of the equation. If anything, it would be a safer alternative for those that might not be as good of a driver without it, so assisting you would be safer. It's completely ass backwards.

Reactions: Vick sandhu