Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score after FSD beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once you receive FSD beta, does your safety score matter anymore? I’ve been trying to drive super cautiously for the past two days and raised my score from 88 to a 98. It’s not enjoyable driving this way so I’m wondering if I can drive a bit more normally if I get into the beta.

Once you receive FSD beta, does your safety score matter anymore? I’ve been trying to drive super cautiously for the past two days and raised my score from 88 to a 98. It’s not enjoyable driving this way so I’m wondering if I can drive a bit more normally if I get into the beta.

Yes you can thankfully forget about the safety score once you have FSD beta.

Once you got your FSD beta, the Safety Score is no longer needed.

However, you'll get a warning e-mail that your FSD beta will be revoked if the violations still persist:

If you don't enjoy driving that way, then you really aren't going to enjoy the FSD, which is way more hesitant and "cautious" at times (although at other times it does do some "hard braking", which is also not exactly enjoyable). So it does beg the question as to why those that do not enjoy driving the way the Safety Score™ requires them to are trying to so hard to get access to a system that is going to be even less enjoyable!

I do get it--it's cool that have it in your car to occasionally use it and show it off to your friends, but believe me when I say, if you are annoyed with having to drive like grandma, you're probably going to be even more annoyed to have a combination of grandma and your 15 year old driving you around!

I just tried out the latest Bet@ it’s amazing it’s not completely ready for prime time I had one episode of hard brasking that the car did for no reason whatsoever and my score went from 99 down to 97 so for me at least the score is still working. It’s so much boring to drive it in the city under auto but I’m gonna do it every time I drive just saw a Tesla for me at least get as much data as possible

I just tried out the latest Bet@ it’s amazing it’s not completely ready for prime time I had one episode of hard brasking that the car did for no reason whatsoever and my score went from 99 down to 97 so for me at least the score is still working. It’s so much boring to drive it in the city under auto but I’m gonna do it every time I drive just saw a Tesla for me at least get as much data as possible
Sounds unlikely, and you only get penalized for hard braking etc. when you’re driving manually. Which build version do you have?

How are you seeing your safety score if you have the beta? What version of software is your car reporting now?

Are you sure about that? Assuming you have the beta, which means the safety score is gone from the app, have you tried normal spirited Tesla driving with launches hard cornering xcetera?
I haven't done any launches since I got the FSD Beta, but I have lightened up a bit on my conservative driving. I now drive more or less like I was before, some snappy accelerations, nice powered curves on onramps, fun merging, etc. No warnings. I have never had a car forced autopilot disengagement, before FSD beta or after, so that hasn't been a concern of mine. I keep my hands on the wheel always. One thing that the beta safety score did for me that is good is causing me to focus more on following distance. I was never particularly bad about tail gating, but the safety score process made me very aware of how important it is to give more room at high speed. I'm a better driver now because of it I believe.

How are you seeing your safety score if you have the beta? What version of software is your car reporting now?

Safety score will disappear from the app shortly after getting FSD beta. It's not immediate, so you might see it for a day or two. The criteria for getting kicked out of beta has been made very clear: it's all about attentiveness and acknowledging AP nags. Cabin camera also watches your eyes and head position to make sure you're looking ahead and not using your phone etc.

• Helpful
Reactions: K5TRX and Phlier
I haven't done any launches since I got the FSD Beta
Don't worry about launches.

I was part of the initial 100 score roll out, and I was worried that the numerous launches I had done would keep me from getting the beta, even though acceleration wasn't supposed to be part of the criteria; a guy here had me convinced they were looking at acceleration behind the scenes.

The numerous launches didn't cause a problem, as I got 10.2 on the day one roll out.
I have done plenty of things that would wreck a safety score: plenty of FCWs, hard cornering, and likely hard braking. Been on FSD beta since 10.2.
Same here.

For a couple of weeks after 10.2 launched, the "Stats" app (iOS only) would continue to show you your Safety Score information, and I had dropped to 92 after about a week and a half of FSD.

Tesla has made it very clear about what will get you kicked out of the beta. There's no reason to muddy the waters here, gents. Just follow the rules that Tesla has laid down and you'll be fine. And with the latest release, you can even see how close you are to getting kicked out.

There's just not much else they could do to clarify the situation, really.

Reactions: K5TRX and mmanner
For some reason I still see my safety score..maybe because I also have a third party app? Stats?It initially disappeared but then returned since 10.3.1
I opted out of FSD Beta on Nov 2. TeslaFi still shows a safety score for me, but it doesn't include any data beyond Nov 2. The Tesla app stopped showing my safety score a couple of hours after opting out. We opted out on my wife's Model 3 yesterday, and the safety score disappeared from the Tesla app almost immediately.

Safety score will disappear from the app shortly after getting FSD beta. It's not immediate, so you might see it for a day or two. The criteria for getting kicked out of beta has been made very clear: it's all about attentiveness and acknowledging AP nags. Cabin camera also watches your eyes and head position to make sure you're looking ahead and not using your phone etc.
I understand. I'm not seeing it, but others have said they are. I wonder if they actually installed fsd beta?

In all honesty it’s a bit of BS… Bought a model S Plaid with FSD and now I have to earn it with a score? Couple issues here… 1- I specifically purchased a Plaid to go fast. 2- I paid 10k for FSD… using FSD and not using FSD is completely separate. Yes, I like strong acceleration at times when I am fully in charge of the car, but I also have easy days I’d like my car to drive me to pick up milk. Am I the only one that thinks this is bs?