Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score after initial 7 days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with most, such a stupid "safety scoring" system. Don't use the brakes, don't swerve for objects. Don't drive on roads with other cars......Completely taken the enjoyment out of driving this car. The ONLY score that I agree with are one's related to those who get dinged for ignoring the "hands on wheel" warnings. Clearly those are the one's abusing AP and probably shouldn't be trusted with it. EVERYONE ELSE who paid for it should be considered eligible. Clearly, can't judge a car driving on open roads in Montana the same as one who drives in bumper to bumper urban environments. Collision warnings should only be dinged if followed by hard braking to eliminate penalties for all the false warnings. Obviously, if I didn't brake following the warning, I wasn't going to hit something. Shouldn't dinged because the car got confused. If they insist on the others, scoring should not start for at least 10 seconds after AP is disengaged. I've been dinged too many times for correcting AP errors. Once I take over, it's now manual driving and get instantly dinged for whatever bad situation AP put me in (missing a turn, missing an object in the road, braking too late and too hard, jerking the wheel on merging lanes, slamming on the brakes to change lanes, stopping for stoplights on the freeway, etc, etc, etc).

I just completed a leisurely 20 mile drive, most on NOA, and found a slight hit on Hard Braking. I would like to know when and where as there was no hard braking anywhere on that trip. Something is wrong but there is nothing I can do about it. My total score remains at 99 but these phantom hits against the overall score will eventually add up. Very frustrating! Makes one not even want to take the car out of the garage.
I've learned it dings you even at stoplights. I take advantage of the "Hold" feature all the time. But always check that it engaged as it doesn't always do so. I either look for the circled "H" or let off the brake and see if the car rolls. When it does, naturally I immediately stop it and press harder on the brake pedal to engage it. It considers that quick tap of the brake "hard braking" and have been dinged for that too.

I've learned it dings you even at stoplights. I take advantage of the "Hold" feature all the time. But always check that it engaged as it doesn't always do so. I either look for the circled "H" or let off the brake and see if the car rolls. When it does, naturally I immediately stop it and press harder on the brake pedal to engage it. It considers that quick tap of the brake "hard braking" and have been dinged for that too.

The hard braking algorithm/calculation is a joke. It does not take into account the fact that current AP cannot handle flashing yellow lights or the fact that it cannot properly judge stopping distances when approaching an intersection with a traffic signal at highway speeds.

My score is a 95 and almost every single drive I am all green except for the hard braking (and I absolutely do not brake hard).

Reactions: vapor trail
Well it looks like those people who bought cars in 2017 and has AP2.0 are out of schlitz, even if they upgraded to MCU2 (or the cars that had it to begin with). Looks like none of those cars have been given FSD Beta despite perfect scores and Elon indicated those cars need all cameras replaced with the new cameras (see Elon's post about it). Darn.

Dinged for hard braking again yesterday. Stoplight at bottom of hill. Even grandpa mode did not work. Worst yet wife keep chuckling at me on our 60 mile journey. Drivers keep trying to cut if front of us like they knew it would $#$#$ with me. I was able to avoid following too close. Turning beta off this weekend and driving normally as I am feeling like a am becoming a traffic hazard.

M

Ps - got a one finger salute from elderly lady was about the biggest insult I have ever had. Wife said I should have honked horn to engage cameras... Oh lord :-(

Now I am totally confused. Driving 50 mph down main street and a truck drops off a partial palm cutting and I slammed on brakes so hard it hurt. Did not hit large piece but ran over one limb. No damage to underneath that we could see. Got home and looked at stats later, all green for today. No dings in score.

m