Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score not reflecting any trips

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I each have a 2021 M3 with FSD package. I am the “owner” for both. I opted in to the beta on my car and got it last weekend (99/100 score). No issues. I also opted in on my wife’s car and have taken two drives on two different days, one short (.6 miles each way) and one long (over 50 miles each way). The Safety Score for her car should show 4 trips, but it doesn’t reflect any. It still says “Safety Score will be available after your first drive.” The last drive was yesterday, about 14 hours ago, so I don’t think it’s an issue of needing to wait longer for it to update.

Anyone have any ideas what’s going on or how to fix it?

My safety score is grading me on my autopilot drives. My 2018 model X has a radar sensor and continues to false forward collision warnings. Autopilot also breaks hard and irrationally at stop signs and stop lights. AP regularly takes turns at a high rate of speed and skews my high turn score.

The safety score app continually scores AP as following too closely? I assumed that AP would only allow the car to follow closely enough to enable braking that would prevent a collision.

Is AP following too close or is Safety Score scoring AP incorrectly?

Does anyone have this problem?

Reactions: T3M3T
As far as we’ve been told, safety score is explicitly not affected while on autopilot at all, except for adding to the total mileage weighting for that day (Safety Score Beta). I know some have reported they are sure they couldn’t have had any FCW, aggressive turning, nor unsafe following distance while driving manually, but for many of us we have experienced very harsh braking, aggressive turning, and unsafe following while on autopilot and were never dinged (100 scores after those drives). What we noticed though, is that the brief time on manual driving while before or after autopilot is engaged is very risky for safety score in certain situations. Following distance, for example, is only counted if between 1 and 3 seconds following distance. That’s a very small window to rack up ”good” following distance scoring. Otherwise, if on AP or if no one is ahead of you, it doesn’t affect that scoring factor. So best is to generally drive on AP so that your score isn’t affected by other drivers misbehaving, but if you do have a score ding, then to drive manually with someone 1-3 seconds ahead (or other scoring factors) to rack up “good scoring” to bring that day’s score back up. It’s harder to fix the score after the day is over. Yes, this is gaming the system, but just like monitoring FSD beta, it’s less about safe driving and more about safe monitoring and the risk of the environment you typically drive in.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
If you received the FSD beta software update and turned it on, Safety Score no longer is calculated. You are only checked for inattentive driving and those visual and audible warnings if not providing enough torque on the steering wheel.
That is my car. It has FSD beta and no safety score anymore. My wife’s car is the one with the issue.

That is my car. It has FSD beta and no safety score anymore. My wife’s car is the one with the issue.
What’s the issue? Your wife’s car is opted into the evaluation period and Safety Score isn’t showing in the app? Or do you mean her car also has the FSD beta software update like yours (e.g. - the car makes turns at stoplights, changes lanes while on surface streets, shows more visualization, etc., but IS a showing Safety Score?

What’s the issue? Your wife’s car is opted into the evaluation period and Safety Score isn’t showing in the app? Or do you mean her car also has the FSD beta software update like yours (e.g. - the car makes turns at stoplights, changes lanes while on surface streets, shows more visualization, etc., but IS a showing Safety Score?

It is opted in. The safety score section of the app is there, but no numerical safety score is displayed because it indicates I haven’t taken my first drive yet, but I have. 4 drives over 2 days, several days apart. See pic. Her car does not have FSD beta yet—this is the evaluation period, but it won’t start evaluating

Attachments

• 2BC1C7E4-B3DC-4625-8794-5DCB5A386922.jpeg
    2BC1C7E4-B3DC-4625-8794-5DCB5A386922.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 207
Are you using your Tesla account to check your wife’s car? She wouldn’t have access to the Safety Score from her account because she’s not the owner.
Yes, that’s how I can even see the safety score menu item. On her app, the safety score menu doesn’t even show up.

I opted out of the beta last night and just opted back in a short while ago. I’m going to drive it a bit tonight and see if it records the drive.

In case anyone else has this issue, I ended up having to make a service appt, they sent it to the tech team who looked at it and said they identified an issue with the car software and fixed it. It now is recording trips (but all prior trips were not recorded).

• Helpful
Reactions: MickY
My safety score is grading me on my autopilot drives. My 2018 model X has a radar sensor and continues to false forward collision warnings. Autopilot also breaks hard and irrationally at stop signs and stop lights. AP regularly takes turns at a high rate of speed and skews my high turn score.

The safety score app continually scores AP as following too closely? I assumed that AP would only allow the car to follow closely enough to enable braking that would prevent a collision.

Is AP following too close or is Safety Score scoring AP incorrectly?

Does anyone have this problem?
AP will hurt your score good. It brakes too hard at traffic light. The car speeds around a curve, see car at red light, apply the brake very hard. I found out hard breaking will hurt your score very good!

Please don't spread incorrect information.

View attachment 729200
All I can tell you is that's not my real-life experience. I look at my individual drives on the safety score app and it clearly is scoring AP/FSD drives. And AP/FSD is getting a score of around 88.

Tesla is doing great things I love my car but lets face it Tesla often publishes things that will be accurate one day but just aren't there yet.

Reactions: T3M3T
In case anyone else has this issue, I ended up having to make a service appt, they sent it to the tech team who looked at it and said they identified an issue with the car software and fixed it. It now is recording trips (but all prior trips were not recorded).
I have the same issue, guess I'll try to contact service. ugh. Did you have to take it in ?

I contacted customer service but they don't seem to know about the issue. Can you tell me which CSC fixed it for you, so I can give them a contact?

Reactions: Dogtone and MickY