Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score not showing up in app? It could be this.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has your new car ever gotten any software updates yet? I know many newly delivered cars don't get included in updates until about a month after (not sure why). Perhaps this applies to Safety Score/FSD beta evaluation as well (i.e. - it won't work until your car VIN is joined to the production updates schedule and software version branches). Sorry, I'm out of ideas!
I appreciate your help!

Yes, I have gotten two updates since delivery. The last one is the 2021.44.25.2 on Christmas.

Here is a summary of all I've done so far.

Got delivery about 4 weeks ago.

I requested FSD Beta over 3 weeks and I’ve driven the car for over 1400 miles since then. Yet I still don’t get any safety scores.
The iphone app is stuck at "Safety Score will be available after your first trip". See photo attached.

I have the latest iPhone Tesla app version, latest Tesla software 2021.44.25.2 in the car.
I have reinstalled the app, logged out and logged back in, I have opted out and opted back in for FSD in the car and no luck.
I have stayed opted out of beta for 24hrs before opting back in again.

I’ve also rebooted the car a few times.
I've done a factory reset also.
The car connects to wifi everyday. I've downloaded and installed 2 updates since delivery.
I have premium connectivity. Everything else data-related (upload or download) appears to be working well.
I don't have any other Telsa-related apps on my phone which could interfere with the Tesla app.
I don't have any other profiles or authorized users.
I'm the only owner, user or the app / car.
I have tried other iphones as well.
I've been driving like grand ma in case my driving stats still get to the mothership somehow but it's been 3 weeks since requesting Beta!
I live in Bay Area.

I've also reported via the Tesla advisor chat and the two advisors I've chatted with on different days don't know what's going on either.
They've only been able to confirm that my beta request is visible at their end.

They've suggested all the stuff I've already done above.

If anyone has any other ideas, please do let me know! I'll appreciate it!!

Attachments

• 270045315_10227945783853126_5848292122681900634_n.jpg
    270045315_10227945783853126_5848292122681900634_n.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 250
  • Informative
Reactions: TresLA
I appreciate your help!

Yes, I have gotten two updates since delivery. The last one is the 2021.44.25.2 on Christmas.

Here is a summary of all I've done so far.

Got delivery about 4 weeks ago.

I requested FSD Beta over 3 weeks and I’ve driven the car for over 1400 miles since then. Yet I still don’t get any safety scores.
The iphone app is stuck at "Safety Score will be available after your first trip". See photo attached.

I have the latest iPhone Tesla app version, latest Tesla software 2021.44.25.2 in the car.
I have reinstalled the app, logged out and logged back in, I have opted out and opted back in for FSD in the car and no luck.
I have stayed opted out of beta for 24hrs before opting back in again.

I’ve also rebooted the car a few times.
I've done a factory reset also.
The car connects to wifi everyday. I've downloaded and installed 2 updates since delivery.
I have premium connectivity. Everything else data-related (upload or download) appears to be working well.
I don't have any other Telsa-related apps on my phone which could interfere with the Tesla app.
I don't have any other profiles or authorized users.
I'm the only owner, user or the app / car.
I have tried other iphones as well.
I've been driving like grand ma in case my driving stats still get to the mothership somehow but it's been 3 weeks since requesting Beta!
I live in Bay Area.

I've also reported via the Tesla advisor chat and the two advisors I've chatted with on different days don't know what's going on either.
They've only been able to confirm that my beta request is visible at their end.

They've suggested all the stuff I've already done above.

If anyone has any other ideas, please do let me know! I'll appreciate it!!
When you complete a drive, do you completely power down the car? or do you shift the gear into Park and then walk away and let the tesla sleep on its own?

You might need to make a service appt for the tech team to investigate and see if there's a bug in the software that is preventing your safety score from registering

View attachment 753141
Thank you for the feedback! I appreciate it. I have an appointment scheduled. While waiting for the appointment, the tech did text me saying something about the car not pushing scores to my phone. Seems like a bug somewhere.

Thank you again. I'm hopeful now!

Thank you for the feedback! I appreciate it. I have an appointment scheduled. While waiting for the appointment, the tech did text me saying something about the car not pushing scores to my phone. Seems like a bug somewhere.

If the tech confirmed seeing the bug on their end, then your issue should be resolved after the SC appt. Good luck

Did they resolve your issue with the safety score, and if so...how?

Did they resolve your issue with the safety score, and if so...how?

I just got a new Tesla and I am unable to see the safety score. I am able to see the safety score for the older Tesla. I tried all the tricks of log out, uninstall, reboot phone, etc. The new car still does not show the score, the old one is just fine, and updates with each drive as expected.

Wondering if it has something to do with the old, but new, version of the factory build I am stuck on for the next few weeks? Has anyone else on factory builds seen a safety score? My current factory build version is 2021.43.202.

I just got a new Tesla and I am unable to see the safety score. I am able to see the safety score for the older Tesla. I tried all the tricks of log out, uninstall, reboot phone, etc. The new car still does not show the score, the old one is just fine, and updates with each drive as expected.

Wondering if it has something to do with the old, but new, version of the factory build I am stuck on for the next few weeks? Has anyone else on factory builds seen a safety score? My current factory build version is 2021.43.202.
Here:

Reactions: Mark II
Here:

Thanks! I did not come across that. I will call SC and see if they can fix it!

Thanks! I did not come across that. I will call SC and see if they can fix it!
Here:

Spoke to SC, they said everything on their end checks out and the issue is my build is too old, i.e. 2021.43.xxx. What build version were you on when it worked? Note, 3s and Ys now come with factory build 2022.3.xxx, which I think is new enough. Unfortunately Ss and Xs still come with 2021.43.xx, which apparently I will be stuck on for a few weeks :-(

This is still not clear to me. Do you have to purchase FSD to see your safety score?
Yes, you need to purchase or subscribe FSD to see safety score. The issue I had was a backend issue, nothing to do with my car, or the software I had. It just magically started working one day, for myself and many others. I was still on factory build 2021.43.xxx when it started working.

Note, I purchased FSD with this new car. My first car I subscribe to FSD. Safety score showed up after first drive once I subscribed and I opted into FSD, around first week of Jan 2022.

Having said all that. No one has been added to the FSD beta since end of Dec 2021 despite 100 safety scores, myself included.*

*Clarification, some folks in Canada have been added. So no new people in USA as far as I know.

Reactions: Wigan