Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score - Probably Will Fail!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those that want the latest Tesla app for android that shows your score, here it is...

Please be aware that this version is not released by Tesla, and the site is not approved by Tesla. It is not available in the Android Store. That being said, it is probably OK as long as someone hasn't put rootkits in it or changed the code before you download it. I have installed it, but plan to uninstall it as soon as Tesla releases their 4.1 version for Android. Apps on this site are generally harmless, but are not the released versions.

When FSD is ready, everyone who paid can have it. It is only the beta testing that is limited. And with good reason. Tesla needs to keep the beta program accident free. So far, the FSD beta has not had one accident. And if you have Autopilot turned on, you are not penalized. See Safety Score for details.
>>...the FSD beta has not had one accident<<

No, because the Beta version is being monitored by approved drivers.
It's irrelevant that "FSD" has had no accidents - I've watched innumerable videos where an accident or incident WOULD have occurred without the drivers' interventions.
It's one thing to say that the training is progressing well, another to say FSD has had no accidents, without qualifying that. You might as well lock the cars up in the garage for six months and claim "No accidents".

Reactions: croman
OK, got my first score. As expected, the "Unsafe Following" was triggered! What's sad is the fact that I purposely made sure to leave A LOT of extra distance between me and the cars I was behind, yet STILL got dinged. I guess maybe they want you to stay a 1/2 mile behind the car in front. Based on how Nav on AP works, I guess that makes sense. The only time I got close to anther car in front is when I had it on AP and it changed lanes (on its own with Nav on AP) and got behind another car and it about gave me whiplash as it jerked back and forth trying to figure out where it wanted to go. If FSD is anything like that, It'll scare the crap out of me!!
I also got dinged by a very lame forward collision warning while moving a couple of miles/hour under speed limit and a car several lengths away was slowing. At no point was I reckless or at risk of hitting the car. Before that "incident" my score was 93. Dropped down to 81.

This is going to be a long week.

My worst safety score is on "Hard Braking". I drove 10 miles, and never pressed the brake pedal to stop except once, and it certainly was very easy. It seems the app will ding you for hard regenerative braking? I did go down a long, steep hill towards the river. Never touched the brake, but the regen was slowing me down very well.

I thought read that when the braking goes “negative” you get a ding.

Please stop this fallacy. The Drag Times video goes into detail about how you very much do get penalized for acceleration based on how most normal people use acceleration.

Why did you make me, and others, watch this video where he says they do not score acceleration in the safety scoring, like I said? Why are you misleading people? Are you making money by referring people to this video? Tesla is the source of my information. Read what Tesla says they are scoring

Musk says this last night on the Safety Score and how it will be used: "“Wow, lot of interest in FSD beta! Plan is to roll out version 10.2 midnight Friday, then on-ramp ~1000 owners/day, prioritized by safety rating. First few days probably 100/100, then 99, 98, etc.”

When I spent $10,000 on FSD, on my last three cars, didn't know I had to pass a driving test to be able to use the feature I purchased!!! Do I get a refund if I suck as a driver and can't pass their test?? LOL

Isn't the point of FSD to make driving safer? That's how Elon promotes it anyway. So, wouldn't it be better for the bad drivers to be the ones who get it?

Sounds backwards to me!
Can you imagine if you have to keep this up to use the feature job-beta (or go into AP-jail). “Here’s a feature for you… sorry you can’t make it work”

Reactions: Wol747 and hcdavis3
With the news it’s pushed out a week, I turned plaid mode back on and stopped worrying, although I did make a point to not try to brake or turn too abruptly, I didn’t drive like a grandma either. Got a 95, although I’m not likely to avoid enjoying my car much longer. I don’t commute to work, so all my driving is just for fun, and this audition period is definitely not fun lol.

Reactions: X-pilot
Musk says this last night on the Safety Score and how it will be used: "“Wow, lot of interest in FSD beta! Plan is to roll out version 10.2 midnight Friday, then on-ramp ~1000 owners/day, prioritized by safety rating. First few days probably 100/100, then 99, 98, etc.”

Yeah, so even with just the 100/100 people at 1000/day it's going to take weeks, months, to work down the list with the volume of people out there.

Not going to spend the next 2-3 months pissing everyone off to try and keep getting 100/100 daily.

I’m at 72 now I’m trash
You're a real youngster!
Seriously, it's questionable whether it'll ever get past Beta if this is the programme: OK to vet people for a few months validating the system but the whole idea of autonomy is to allow everyone mobility, not just a few enthusiasts.
I've been driving since about 1962 and the only smash was in the US when someone ran into my rear when I was stationary at the lights. (The driver, when I caught up with him, said "oh, I'm always doing that when I'm on the phone....)
No tickets either.
Yet apparently if someone runs in front of me and I jam on the brakes it counts as a black mark?

Last edited:
Reactions: croman