Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

drmanny3

Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2014
Santa Barbara, CA
So we recently acquired a Tesla 2020 mod X. I am interested in the full driving software and understand that I need to request the Beta version. No problem. I also installed and paid for the TeslaFi ap on my iPad. I am assuming that this is the only way to see your safety score? Anyway I have received a demerit for what is identified as severe braking. I do not understand this category. I have not needed to stop and avoid an accident, nor did I need to hit the brakes hard. So why is my braking score being adversely affected?

So we recently acquired a Tesla 2020 mod X. I am interested in the full driving software and understand that I need to request the Beta version. No problem. I also installed and paid for the TeslaFi ap on my iPad. I am assuming that this is the only way to see your safety score? Anyway I have received a demerit for what is identified as severe braking. I do not understand this category. I have not needed to stop and avoid an accident, nor did I need to hit the brakes hard. So why is my braking score being adversely affected?
TeslaFi is great but you don't need it to see your safety score which you should also find in your Tesla app.
Getting dinged for hard braking could be a result of two things:
  • Many folks feel these errors could be a result of an error on the part of Tesla and beyond your control.
  • Hard braking could also be very real because it is one of the most challenging portions of the safety score.

Last edited: