Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety score reset

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am hoping to try the FSD beta. Is it true that if I opt out of the FSD queue and the opt back in a few hours later I can reset my safety score?
I believe that is correct. You'll then have to drive to acquire a new one. I think that you need a minimum number of miles, perhaps 100? Not sure if there is any minimum number of days of driving, but from what I've read here there doesn't seem to be.
Good luck!

Reactions: K5TRX
Reset and then today drove fro Vegas to Phoenix with a 99 score. No update, long trip and arrived a while ago. No email, no update yet. Thoughts?

Screenshot_20211126-175359_Tesla.jpg

I'm in a similar boat right now...

Had a sustained 98 for a few weeks and didn't get FSD with the 10.5 push. I was fairly convinced this release didn't actually expand to 98's and decided to do a SS reset and aim for a 100.

I unenrolled this morning, waited ~2h for the SS to disappear from the Tesla app (I think I did a short drive during this time, not sure if that matters), "enrolled" again, "drove" a bit to register a score, verified the SS was back in the app, and then just drove >100mi on the highway (using AP as much as possible because that's "safe").

Now I've got a 100 and am waiting for whatever cron job puts your VIN on the "nice list" to run so I can get my update. Going to do the ol' rollers-reboot-before-putting-it-in-park trick if I have a bad drive from this point on (until I get FSD that is). We'll see how playing the game with cheat codes goes...

Attachments

• IMG_DEC49C1B35B1-1.jpeg
    IMG_DEC49C1B35B1-1.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 97
I don't know this trick you speak of. Can you explain or link to a description?

There's a somewhat well-known bug (erm, "feature" from our FSD beta wannabe perspective) where rebooting the touchscreen before putting the car in park after a drive where you suspect you drove "unsafely" will prevent that drive from being logged, thereby allowing you to only count "good" drives toward your SS. I have not done this personally since I did my SS reset, so YMMV.

(The Tesla investor in me can't believe they have started to use this to underwrite insurance, but the software engineer in me knows counter-abuse is hard? I almost wonder if they're perfectly aware of this and it's some sort of meta-selection where they'll happily take people in the beta program who are reading forum posts etc. and finding tricks like this since they might be more likely to torture-test FSD or something like that...)

I'm in a similar boat right now...

Had a sustained 98 for a few weeks and didn't get FSD with the 10.5 push. I was fairly convinced this release didn't actually expand to 98's and decided to do a SS reset and aim for a 100.

I unenrolled this morning, waited ~2h for the SS to disappear from the Tesla app (I think I did a short drive during this time, not sure if that matters), "enrolled" again, "drove" a bit to register a score, verified the SS was back in the app, and then just drove >100mi on the highway (using AP as much as possible because that's "safe").

Now I've got a 100 and am waiting for whatever cron job puts your VIN on the "nice list" to run so I can get my update. Going to do the ol' rollers-reboot-before-putting-it-in-park trick if I have a bad drive from this point on (until I get FSD that is). We'll see how playing the game with cheat codes goes...
Someone has said that you need to be enrolled for 7 days. I can't confirm that, but sounds likely. See what happens on day 7 or 8, and report. Thanks,

I just got FSD 10.5 after resetting my safety score and maintaining 99 for a week.
Thank you Tesla god!
Thanks, I have to try resetting. Recently I had 2000 miles and a score of 98 and then after a long trip score it dropped to 96 after seeing my partner more aggressive driving on a long trip. Then drove another 450 miles with scores 99 or greater over the next week and my score dropped to 95 at the end of the week..

Opted out yesterday roughly 4pm.
Safety score disappeared overnight and opted back in 6am today.
Old safety score of 97 with 500+ miles is back :( Must have been patched at some point.
2022.4.5.17 2022 Model Y LR
Been on safety score for almost 3 months now since day of purchase 12/28/21 😢

Old safety score of 97 with 500+ miles is back :( Must have been patched at some point.
My 9000 mile/ 100 score was ruin yesterday cuz Firestone boy wanted to "inspect" tire pressure after patching. Am seriously thinking opt out and back in. Rumor has it new wide release will happen this week. (well that rumor comes in every week tho)

I was able to reset the score by opt in/out. Not anymore. Opted out yesterday and score still shows in the app. The last release has introduced safety score to regular users without needing to enroll FSD beta. That might have crippled the reset trick.

I was able to reset the score by opt in/out. Not anymore. Opted out yesterday and score still shows in the app. The last release has introduced safety score to regular users without needing to enroll FSD beta. That might have crippled the reset trick.
Oddly, I opted out again before a particularly risky drive to LA thinking my old scores would be in tact when opting back in (100 overall score for past 30 days). Opted back in after returning. Safety score had temporarily disappeared from app. It is back this morning with all drives wiped out. The old behavior seems to be back on 2022.12.3.2

So can someone confirm if it’s really still possible to reset the safety score? I am reading conflicting messages. Some say yes, some say no with latest software. If it is possible, please describe exactly what had to be done. Thanks!

So can someone confirm if it’s really still possible to reset the safety score? I am reading conflicting messages. Some say yes, some say no with latest software. If it is possible, please describe exactly what had to be done. Thanks!
On 2022.12.3.2:
Opted out.
Safety score disappeared a few hours later.
Next morning, opted back in.
Safety score reset.
Unable to confirm precise timing of events as I was not obsessively checking app.
Followed similar sequence on older version and score did not reset.
At this point with 10.12.2 going out what appears to be soon, I regret opting out, bc prior requirements used to be a score at least 7 days old with 100 miles would be eligible.