Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety score says forward collision warnings when none ever occurred

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried that suggestion and it didn't help. In the last 2 days SS has noted 2 times when cars PARKED on the side of the road constituted collision warnings!!!

Same thing happens in my neighborhood. I’ve only had this car for a few days but if I get a FCW every time I drive home that’ll be a problem!

I want to jump in here as I just opted into the beta in my new MYP. This is my 2nd Tesla but I did not have FSD on the first. I am constantly getting tagged with FCW hits that I don't understand. I drive mostly in traffic in the city and have my setting set to "early". I never hear or see anything happen during a drive but might have 1 or 2 dings when I get to my location.

What I would really like (and I know it will never happen) is for some sort of chime or warning to flash every time I do something wrong. Take a corner a little aggressive...ding ding ding...now I know not to do that next time. Same for all of the touch points that affect the safety score.

Just my 2 cents. I am enjoying following this part of the forum and hope I get selected into the beta at some point.
+1. Follow too closely, have the car displayed in red instead of grey. Maybe tweet at Elon?

I had a long chat with a Tesla person on the phone today. Apparently this is not an uncommon problem. The FSD team has said that the software assumes the car is on medium and being on early or late might cause this problem. Also, if you have to pull close to the garage wall for the door to close, the red 12 will show and trigger an AEB event. That was what was happening to me. I fixed things so I don’t have to pull so close and no more problems.

• Informative
Reactions: Congo Line
Sorry to revive a month-old thread, but is anyone else having problems with FCWs for cars parked on the side of the street? My subdivision has narrow streets with no lines and cars parked on both sides of the street. The speed limit is 40 km/h (~25 mph), which I follow, but I routinely get FCWs for cars that are parked. It appears there is no way to avoid this and I've had two on the same street before. With no lines, engaging AP is not an option, so it appears I am doomed to never maintain a 98+ safety score. These are the only real serious dings we ever get, but it drove the score down to 94 after a month. Any advice?

Sorry to revive a month-old thread, but is anyone else having problems with FCWs for cars parked on the side of the street? My subdivision has narrow streets with no lines and cars parked on both sides of the street. The speed limit is 40 km/h (~25 mph), which I follow, but I routinely get FCWs for cars that are parked. It appears there is no way to avoid this and I've had two on the same street before. With no lines, engaging AP is not an option, so it appears I am doomed to never maintain a 98+ safety score. These are the only real serious dings we ever get, but it drove the score down to 94 after a month. Any advice?
I had the problem too. Traced it to having to park within 12 in of the wall in my garage. Tesla is aware of these types of problem. Also, set AEB to the medium position if you aren’t already there. Parallel parking can trigger this too, if you get within 12 in ov the other vehicles. They can’t explain how I keep getting dinged for aggressive braking when I never use the actual brakes.

New member here, my question is what if you turn off the Forward collision Sensor do those points count still if all the other devices are on to be able to get beta If your scores still good

New member here, my question is what if you turn off the Forward collision Sensor do those points count still if all the other devices are on to be able to get beta If your scores still good
The safety score completely ignores what you have selected for the forward collision warning option. It will always ding you for what would trigger a FCW in the medium option.

Reactions: DarkForest
I have been trying to drive as careful as possible to keep my score up as I'm trying to get the FSD beta, but I've been experiencing the safety score app saying there were forward collision warnings on my daily drive when none ever occurred. As in at no point did the car make a beep for the entire ride but checking with the safety app on the phone it showed forward collision warnings as red, everything else is green. I guess I need to maybe setup something to allow me to use my phone to record the trip so I can submit that to tesla ?? Suggestions???

Thanks!
I actually got fsd for a few weeks then I started an he been getting multiple false forward collision warnings every day. Ive gotten them when there were no cars bikes people nothing on the street at all an it goes off.i get them on the way up my hill to my house now all the time an never got them before..ive taken the car in twice an they keep saying I need to record the time when it happens. I have been reporting a bug fix. I've has my car for 4 yrs . I never ever had 1 fcw. I get fsd for a couple of weeks an now I can't get it again because if these false fcw. I even have my car set to early warning so I can be made aware but nothing is stopping these warnings. I never read my paper work about fsd. They probably mentioned I had to have a 90% + score to get an keep fsd.oh well doesn't look like I'll ever get it again..

I actually got fsd for a few weeks then I started an he been getting multiple false forward collision warnings every day. Ive gotten them when there were no cars bikes people nothing on the street at all an it goes off.i get them on the way up my hill to my house now all the time an never got them before..ive taken the car in twice an they keep saying I need to record the time when it happens. I have been reporting a bug fix. I've has my car for 4 yrs . I never ever had 1 fcw. I get fsd for a couple of weeks an now I can't get it again because if these false fcw. I even have my car set to early warning so I can be made aware but nothing is stopping these warnings. I never read my paper work about fsd. They probably mentioned I had to have a 90% + score to get an keep fsd.oh well doesn't look like I'll ever get it again..
When you get the error, press the voice button and say "bug report". Note the date and time. Give that info to the techs.

I actually got fsd for a few weeks then I started an he been getting multiple false forward collision warnings every day.

I never ever had 1 fcw. I get fsd for a couple of weeks an now I can't get it again because if these false fcw. I even have my car set to early warning so I can be made aware but nothing is stopping these warnings. I never read my paper work about fsd. They probably mentioned I had to have a 90% + score to get an keep fsd.oh well doesn't look like I'll ever get it again..
FCWs don't kick you out of the FSD beta program... At least not as far as I have seen.

Personally I'm super disappointed in this... I had the car driving on a small 35mph street and a car in opposing traffic swerved into my lane. I had FSD engaged and I needed to slam on the breaks. In my opinion my safety score shouldn't be weighted on FSD's mistakes.
Agreed. Yesterday I was also on a 35 mph street, two lanes, with curves and construction. A very large simi truck came around the drive in the opposite direction, and because the street curved the camera thought I was heading straight to the truck. But I was not! It then discredited 2 FCW for my day; and since I had only drove 40 miles that day I now have a negative hit on my safety score of 100.2!!!

Something has to give for the ability of the human being a responsible driver. And the computer not knowing what it’s talking about.

Reactions: legendsk