Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if I were you I would go out and dilute that 0.4 and 2.3. It'll bring up your daily and then putting more miles on would weight-out to a better overall. You can easily shave down that hard braking and unsafe following.

For hard braking speed up as fast as you can somewhere (70+ seems to be a sweet spot to not get too much slow down from regen), obviously safely, then press the brake pedal JUST enough for the brake lights to come on but not necessarily brake, ride it out as long as you can, do it again. Hard braking calculates the time spent braking hard WHILE braking. So if you increase your overall braking time, your hard braking strikes will be worth nothing and significantly improve that 99.2 to almost a hundred in maybe 10-20 mins of driving around.

Unsafe following doesn't really carry much value, but if you want to improve it, go somewhere with a speed limit over 50, get behind a car (preferably not in a turning lane) and follow it just enough for it to look like a little bean on the visualizer while driving manually and over 50mph. This one is more time consuming but could be worth it in the end.

Just think about it. 99 yesterday, 99 today, and 100 tomorrow with simple math average out to 99.3 (99 rounded). Where 99 yesterday, 100 today, and 100 tomorrow average out to 99.6 (100 rounded). Some driving today could go a long way towards the overall score.

Thank you! I love the assistance from @Ramphex and @n.one.one . This community is pretty awesome!

Yea for funsies change that 0.4 to 0.3 and then 0.2 in the spreadsheet and see how much just that one small thing affects your score. The other day I had to brake hard(er) for a yellow light (should've ran it lmao) and my score at the end of the trip was 72. Had to go out and do some of the above mentioned braking tricks to get it back up to 99 for the day. Could've got it better but ran out of time and had to go to work. 72 for the day would've killed my overall lol.

Yea for funsies change that 0.4 to 0.3 and then 0.2 in the spreadsheet and see how much just that one small thing affects your score. The other day I had to brake hard(er) for a yellow light (should've ran it lmao) and my score at the end of the trip was 72. Had to go out and do some of the above mentioned braking tricks to get it back up to 99 for the day. Could've got it better but ran out of time and had to go to work. 72 for the day would've killed my overall lol.

Changing hard braking to 0.3: Still keeps daily score at 98.45.

Changing hard braking to 0.2: Makes daily score to 98.51.

Such an interesting thing how the weights of all five factors impact SS.

Wait so with the next rollout it will be based on the initial 7 days? Do you have confirmation from Musk or something? So no point in continuing for perfect score?

If we opt and and back in will it ignore prior initial lock and start over?

Attachments

• 357448C3-0A88-4D8E-95E4-4592CC118AFA.jpeg
    357448C3-0A88-4D8E-95E4-4592CC118AFA.jpeg
    308.9 KB · Views: 166
And if you look at the privacy statement on the first “add me to the queue” text it indicates that only 7 are reported to Tesla.

Now if you have Tesla insurance in Texas or California, you’ve signed the privacy waiver that says they can check your score any time. But I don’t think they’ll risk breaking the wall between insurance and beta. Just speculating there.

• Disagree
Reactions: ABC2D
On Oct 31st at the end of the first 7 days I was at 92 after being 100 most of the previous days. Grrr.

Currently I’m at 89 and SLOWLY working back to 99.

We’ll see how many weeks or months more it will be before I get included in the public beta rollout expansion.

What time they pushed the update? Email from Tesla is 9:44pm (eastern) Friday and I got the app notification roughly around then (no later than 10pm)

As to when I got the score up to 100, sometime around 10-10:30 am roughly.
So, around 7 AM PST. By that time apparently a lot of people already had got their fsd beta pushed to them according to the spreadsheet. People started getting FSD Beta on 15th right after midnight PDT.

So, there was no snapshot ?!

Do they check your score when your car pings home to check if their is a new update ... ? Very interesting, indeed.

@Ramphex. Just out for dinner with the family and found a road to get to 60/70 then applied "light" brake, but ended up getting still 0.4 on the "segments" of the day, 2 of them, that I was trying, but no go. Does regen brake count as breaking? It's hard to brake on top of regen brake and not make it more than 0.3g it seems.

Did you push the button around 10/8 or 10/9 then? Or skip any driving days. Or have fewer than 100 miles before 10/15?

I pushed the button Sept 25th when I very first got it.

But had only a 99 score until this past Friday (Oct 15)- and apparently got the beta pushed to me less than 12 hours from raising it from 99 to 100.

I skip tons of driving days (only was driving maybe 2-3 days a week) but was over 100 miles the first week.

Also safety score it gone now from app I noticed.

@Ramphex. Just out for dinner with the family and found a road to get to 60/70 then applied "light" brake, but ended up getting still 0.4 on the "segments" of the day, 2 of them, that I was trying, but no go. Does regen brake count as breaking? It's hard to brake on top of regen brake and not make it more than 0.3g it seems.
Regen doesn't count and segments is fine, your new trips with light braking should balance out the overall day

I pushed the button Sept 25th when I very first got it.

But had only a 99 score until this past Friday (Oct 15)- and apparently got the beta pushed to me less than 12 hours from raising it from 99 to 100.

I skip tons of driving days (only was driving maybe 2-3 days a week) but was over 100 miles the first week.

Also safety score it gone now from app I noticed.
Strange. Mine is still there and updating daily