Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy to report that opting out, waiting for the SS to drop off the app, then opting back in worked like a charm.

It took about 30 min for the scores to drop off, and an hour or so for the SS tab to reappear. My daily route for the next three days is an easy 44 miles of 100 score driving. Looking forward to joining the 100 club today, haha!!
Dang it.

I tried doing to the opt-ing out and back in a couple weeks ago, and it didn't drop any of the old data off. But, I only waited an hour or so before opting back in, and didn't even think the safety score would disappear from the app.

I figured it would simply collect data while the user authorized it to, and would simply not collect data when not authorized.

That it could be used as a pause for when someone else drove or for a track day or something like that.

Looks like a solid plan... how long does it take for the SS to drop out?
It took about 30 min for my SS tab to disappear. Then I waited another hour or so, then opted back in. It took about an hour for it to reappear and it was back to the "safety score will be available after your first trip" screen.

ETA: The two hour or so wait sure beats driving in circles around trees and long trips at 4am, haha!!

I was at 96 with no hope of ever getting to 100 in my lifetime, haha!! Now that we all know what to do to maintain 100, I'm good.

It took about 30 min for my SS tab to disappear. Then I waited another hour or so, then opted back in. It took about an hour for it to reappear and it was back to the "safety score will be available after your first trip" screen.

ETA: The two hour or so wait sure beats driving in circles around trees and long trips at 4am, haha!!

I was at 96 with no hope of ever getting to 100 in my lifetime, haha!! Now that we all know what to do to maintain 100, I'm good.
Think you’ll get the beta pushed tonight?

Happy to report that opting out, waiting for the SS to drop off the app, then opting back in worked like a charm.

It took about 30 min for the scores to drop off, and an hour or so for the SS tab to reappear. My daily route for the next three days is an easy 44 miles of 100 score driving. Looking forward to joining the 100 club today, haha!!
Nobody believes you. Pictures or it didn’t happen (I’m channeling my inner Gen Z)

Nobody believes you. Pictures or it didn’t happen (I’m channeling my inner Gen Z)
Haha!! Here you go!!
1DF04594-5C2F-4F4E-8EB4-3B0896FA146E.png

Good luck to all who are trying. We tried for a bit but driving around downtown Los Angeles and the surrounding 15 miles its impossible to avoid forward collision warnings. You have multiple car lengths and the person brakes hard to take a right turn or something and "ding" is over.

I mean, it sort of borders on unfair, you would have to leave like six car lengths on a 40 mph street.

Well, it will get down to those with 85s at some point. I can't believe the fleet average for forward collision warnings is so low.
I tried, and for the reasons you stated, as well as narrow streets, kids running from between cars, hard braking and FCWs are impossible to avoid. I got 68 FCWs on a 10 minute drive to get a sandwich, and I heard one warning, not 68. I made a service appointment and requested that they fix my audible warning. Tesla cancelled the appointment, and said it's BETA. NHTSA would be proud (?)

My score is 96, but most days are 100 percent. I'm not going to drive 500 miles on autopilot to fix it, but I like the opt out, then back in, and time it with some freeway trips on autopilot, as well as driving certain routes that have less "activity." I think if you drive in the SF Bay Area during the day, safely, you will get cut off, unsafe following, hard braking (brakes can save lives) and you know the rest. I hate driving like grandma more than any enjoyment FSD would give me. Actually opting out tonight might be the right time. For all we know, Tesla started evaluating us months ago. Who knows. I'll get FSD eventually. I need to read on for the best way to "opt out." I'd probably turn off data sharing at the same time.

Unsafe following is not even counted when on AP. You have to be off AP and within 1-3 seconds for to be considered good following.
HOWEVER it IS counted as unsafe following IF you press the accelerator pedal while following another vehicle.

Found that out my first commute and has to work several weeks to hold my 99 after that drive.

It had 60 for unsafe following. -0- almost everything at since.