Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ok thanks much for the info, that helps! I just went on a sunday drive trying to get my score down to the freeway was super busy so I end up with a 98 for following too close. It's really hard to not follow too close when you're on the freeway and it's busy . . . oh well maybe it will be better for me to receive the FSD after more kinks are ironed out
Michael

Yeah, you have to use AP or keep that 2 second distance. Traffic is the hardest, at least around here, people will jump in on a 2 second following distance once in a while. If you plan ahead and engage AP when they do it, that can keep your score up.

Interesting situation just occurred to me. I finally reached the 98 safety score on my 60 mile drive to the airport on Friday. I drove home tonight, used AP the entire way on the highway and somehow my score dropped to a 97. The confusing part is that my “daily details“ for the day were scored at 100 and every category had a zero. How could a perfect drive lower my score?

Interesting situation just occurred to me. I finally reached the 98 safety score on my 60 mile drive to the airport on Friday. I drove home tonight, used AP the entire way on the highway and somehow my score dropped to a 97. The confusing part is that my “daily details“ for the day were scored at 100 and every category had a zero. How could a perfect drive lower my score?

Could be that safety score is based on most recent 30 days, and the day that just dropped off was a high scoring and high mileage day.

I have only had the Safety Score app for a week and it's already apparent to me that I will be unable to get a score above 97. So, I'm pretty much out. I bought a Model Y Performance to drive like a bat out of hell. And, that is what I'm going to do. I'll get FSD eventually when it comes out of Beta, maybe a year from now, or whenever. Meantime, don't get in my way. Vrooom, vrooom ... well, not that. You know what I mean.

Yes, this is certainly ONE of the stages of Safety Score roulette.. you’re not alone. WE were not alone, people we having dreams about driving during the initial period. Frankly, it’s not the right way to run this process.
I never want to deal with it again as an evaluation mechanism for FSD but now that I know how it works, and know I can probably maintain a 95 plus with ease, I'm very interested in a Tesla insurance product.

I let me wife take MP3 car sitting at 98 to go to the Car wash to vacuum the car out and came back from 3 mile loop w/score 75 for braking and turning, which knocked back 97.

Same thing happened to me but it was a 36 or something from a combo of hard breaking and forward collision warning.... It made me afraid to think about about what routinely happens when they're out driving alone.

My wife gave me an 8 the other day when she used the car. She claims it wasn't her fault:rolleyes:. I'm currently at a 92, but I've stopped worrying about it. I'll get FSD someday...

I really think it's worth planning out a time when you think you'll have the car for a few days and think you can rack up 100 miles--meaning you understand how Safety Score is calculated. Then, perform a reset and set yourself up with a high score and the Beta. It's not that you can't get a high score, just that there are factors "outside of your control". It's what I did and it worked smoothly. The Beta is great if you don't mind supervising another driver. It's fun/interesting to run the Beta for routine trips. I sometimes can't tell who is programming whom.

Sold my old MYLR, which I got into the beta, and have my new MYP and did the subscription model this time. Did 100 miles in 3 days (finished on Sunday), so now just waiting for a new wave of acceptance. This thread is super quiet now since there are way fewer people "trying to get in" than before, but...is the consensus that they add 99s and 100s twice a week or something?

Sold my old MYLR, which I got into the beta, and have my new MYP and did the subscription model this time. Did 100 miles in 3 days (finished on Sunday), so now just waiting for a new wave of acceptance. This thread is super quiet now since there are way fewer people "trying to get in" than before, but...is the consensus that they add 99s and 100s twice a week or something?

I think it has changed over time but yes, it was every two weeks starting on Friday but it’s also been rolling out on other days. I think if you can keep your score in the 100/99 range you shouldn’t have to wait very long.

I'm finding it really hard to keep my safety score high. I have been fluctuating between 99 and 98 and I am driving VERY safely. Last night I was hoping to hit 100, then someone cut me off on the freeway and I dropped to 98. It wasn't an unsafe situation, and I braked with lots of time. Super annoying.

Today I got it back to 99, then was dinged for aggressive turning going around a bend at a very normal rate, back to 98 again. You really have to drive like you are carrying a super full hot cup of coffee, on your lap with no lid.

I got into beta this Tuesday, 11/30. I have done scroll wheel reset and menu reset. Also logout and log back in on app (iOS). Has drove over at least 30 miles. My Safety Score is still showing in app. 2019 M3P. Bay Area. I have Tesla Insurance.

Is it because Tesla insurance that my SS not disappearing?

Thanks.

I never want to deal with it again as an evaluation mechanism for FSD but now that I know how it works, and know I can probably maintain a 95 plus with ease, I'm very interested in a Tesla insurance product.

Same thing happened to me but it was a 36 or something from a combo of hard breaking and forward collision warning.... It made me afraid to think about about what routinely happens when they're out driving alone.

I really think it's worth planning out a time when you think you'll have the car for a few days and think you can rack up 100 miles--meaning you understand how Safety Score is calculated. Then, perform a reset and set yourself up with a high score and the Beta. It's not that you can't get a high score, just that there are factors "outside of your control". It's what I did and it worked smoothly. The Beta is great if you don't mind supervising another driver. It's fun/interesting to run the Beta for routine trips. I sometimes can't tell who is programming whom.
How long did you have to sit at a good safety score before you got it? I did the reset too. I’ve had 100/100 for 10 days over now 530 miles.