Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Safety Score

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a forward collision warning today without a single other car on the road. Makes no sense. This happened one other time a while ago but unenrolled/reenrolled to restart my safety score. This took my 99 down to a 98. Very frustrating. Just got my cameras replaced finally on my AP2.0 model S a couple of weeks ago. Don’t want to reset the score again in case I miss the next beta push. Is there anything that can be done for a clear error by the cars system. Open road, zero obstructions, zero cars. This is BS!

Got a forward collision warning today without a single other car on the road. Makes no sense. This happened one other time a while ago but unenrolled/reenrolled to restart my safety score. This took my 99 down to a 98. Very frustrating. Just got my cameras replaced finally on my AP2.0 model S a couple of weeks ago. Don’t want to reset the score again in case I miss the next beta push. Is there anything that can be done for a clear error by the cars system. Open road, zero obstructions, zero cars. This is BS!
Prior to one of the latest firmware updates, you could do a 2-button reset and cancel the error that affects your safety score. Other posts say that this solution has been fixed by Tesla.

I live in a neighboorhood with only 2 roads to drive out. Both roads are very steep with 23% grades. It is almost impossible to leave my neighboorhood without getting a hard braking error while signed up for the FSD beta.

I had the stoplight and stopsign beta switch turned on. The main road in my neighboorhood has a rood that does not have any stopsigns for 1.5 miles. While signed up for the FSD beta, I was driving down this road and got a hard braking because Tesla's map has a phantom stopsign on this road. I got a hard braking error because the car slammed on the brakes because it thought I was running a stopsign. There is no stopsign where the car did a hard brake.

While signed up for the FSS Beta and having the stopsign/stoplight switch turned on, I was driving down a highway that has a lot of flashing yellow caution lights every few miles. Autopilot would try and stop at each of the flashing yellow caution lights. I got out of Autopilot and my Tesla thought I was running red lights everytime I passed the flashing yellow caution light.

With all of these problems, I dropped out of the Beta test months ago and flipped Tesla the middle finger. I then found out that I would not be accepted into the FSD Beta until my cameras got upgraded.

Reactions: pilotSteve
What version of the software are you on?

I noticed on last public release form
The last few days the release notes mention FSD beta opt in. Seems like they’re opening it up again.

I’ve been running the FSD builds for a while though so doesn’t apply to me.

What version of the software are you on?

I noticed on last public release form
The last few days the release notes mention FSD beta opt in. Seems like they’re opening it up again.

I’ve been running the FSD builds for a while though so doesn’t apply to me.
That was specific to Canada being allowed to opt in to scoring. no difference for the US. No new people have been accepted into beta since Christmas

Again, this so called "safety score" is something a parent or insurance company would use against you. The only metric in the "safety score" that should have an impact on getting the FSD beta is Forced Autopilot Disengagement. That means you're not paying attention and may be at risk while using FSD.

If one drives in heavy commute traffic, one will experience all the others due to bozo drivers and you paying attention to avoid a TC.

I had 60ish for so long and managed to get to 100 finally…then 2 days of auto x put it back to 80 😢.
Wack system if while on track mode it still dings you.
Keep on AP everywhere you can in town and never stop for yellow lights if not on AP. Don’t turn around corners or pull into traffic. Forced disengagement is the only thing not to worry about
9 years beta testing Tesla’s they should just give it to us! Anyone that originally had a roadster should really get FSD & beta for free.

els
Pardon my ignorance, but why do you need to qualify to utilize a product you apparently already paid for?
indulge me, please

your premise is incorrect.

Nobody "paid" to test a pre-wide-release unfinished version of the software.

Nowhere in the product description during purchase of FSD does it include "access to test versions before wide release"

When the wide-release version is ready, it'll be delivered to everyone who paid for it (to the degree that's legally possible, as some places like the EU restrict some features)

els

Nowhere in the product description during purchase of FSD does it include "access to test versions before wide release"

When the wide-release version is ready, it'll be delivered to everyone who paid for it (to the degree that's legally possible, as some places like the EU restrict some features)
Everything has been beta in my ‘12 S.
Lots of the beta parts upgraded over the years. Some paid for. Firmware has been beta for years. Sometimes better, sometimes like the last v11 I think, missing a charge screen where you could adjust your charge level!?
Opting in to FSD beta should be enough if you agree to the terms. Any F ups and it’s on you, just like in AP beta ( which is sketchy AF in my ‘20 3 in many instances)

Lots of the beta parts upgraded over the years. Some paid for. Firmware has been beta for years. Sometimes better, sometimes like the last v11 I think, missing a charge screen where you could adjust your charge level!?
Opting in to FSD beta should be enough if you agree to the terms. Any F ups and it’s on you, just like in AP beta ( which is sketchy AF in my ‘20 3 in many instances)
As KS noted, you dont automatically get access to all betas, and you cant argue because you got access to beta X you are thus entitled to beta Y.

City street driving is a massively more complex undertaking than (say) AP, which is why Tesla are being far more careful with the rollout. By the logic of your own argument ("AP beta is sketchy AF") you should be applauding Tesla taking this more measured approach with FSD.

(and V11 isnt missing a charge screen, its easy to change the charge level.)

• Funny
Reactions: Zextraterrestrial
els

This is certainly true, however, I signed up for the subscription in January as it was certainly apparent that they were letting in 'everyone' as long as you had a safety score in the upper 90's. That was the implication with them actually implementing the SS.

You're confusing "beta" and "wide release"

Some features are wide release, but beta, because they are good/safe enough for wide release to everyone, but aren't "finished" yet either. They keep getting better but they're available to everyone.

Further- any paid features of that nature, you were specifically promised access to as part of your purchase.

None of that is true for FSDBeta.

FSDBeta is NOT remotely good/safe enough to go to everyone. It's in narrow/targeted testing to a very tiny % of the overall fleet. It was never promised as part of a purchase.

Nobody is "owed" access to it at all.

• Funny
Reactions: Zextraterrestrial
As KS noted, you dont automatically get access to all betas, and you cant argue because you got access to beta X you are thus entitled to beta Y.

City street driving is a massively more complex undertaking than (say) AP, which is why Tesla are being far more careful with the rollout. By the logic of your own argument ("AP beta is sketchy AF") you should be applauding Tesla taking this more measured approach with FSD.

(and V11 isnt missing a charge screen, its easy to change the charge level.)
And you have a legacy s?🙄 Sorry I didn’t get a screen shot for you but the last firmware was missing the charge adjustment screen! (Maybe just mcu2?)
I understand the idea of a safe rollout, AP is much better than it was but you’re still 100% in beta testing. Who said if you get x beta you should get y? I just think the people who made this company possible(not me…roadster owners) should get FSD and FSD beta free if they still have new Teslas🤷‍♂️
@Knightshade - wide release, but beta🤣… AP on freeway will cross over double yellow and use the wrong double double as the lane line! Just did it to me while in AP yesterday.
When it was safe enough to give out years ago I could change lanes across the center double yellow into oncoming traffic using my turn signal on a 4 lane highway in an X?
No one is owed anything….except maybe storage for music files that the S was advertised to have?

All I’m saying is that signing an NDA/ FSD agreement should be enough. I can have a perfect safety score all the time and then go race on a track and I’m banned from FSD beta. Kinda a wack system. There is nothing to argue there